Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akinjm1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 09:44 PM
    Loan default auto loan
    My husband took a truck loan out over two years ago. He was arrested in another state for transporting drugs in that state. He is in prison and the truck is in the possession of that state. The payment was set up to come out of a joint savings account we have with the bank he has the loan with. There is eight thousand dollars in that account but the bank has now put a hold on our savings account and will not take any more payments from that account. They want me to send a payment to them every month while they hold that money hostage. He still owes fifteen thousand on the truck. I have tried to talk to them about this and told them if they would continue to take the payment out of our savings my husband will pay the remainder of the loan when he gets out of prison. They will not budge. Is this legal? I don't have the extra money to make the payment but if they were to deduct it from the savings, the payment would be covered for over a year, and he will be home in about six months. I would appreciate any info you could give.

Check out some similar questions!

Default on auto loan ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently 2 months behind on my auto loan. We received a visit from a repo company That said it was his job to make us call Citibank and make arrangements or he would repo Our truck. We told him we were not 90 days behind yet and he said they had changed it to Repo on 60 days. He said...

Auto loan default [ 3 Answers ]

I am on the verge of defaulting on my auto loan. I have come to terms with that. Now, I was in an accident (the other drivers fault). Their insurance is sending payment to get it fixed. If I get it fixed, which will take the whole amount they are sending, I will still be defaulting on the loan...

Default on auto loan what happens [ 3 Answers ]

I have a auto loan and a auto lease and Im unable to make both the payments anymore. What happens if I default on the auto loan what happens I have good credit but I don't know the process if I default what happens after If I turn the car in and say I can't pay anymore what happens I know it will...

Auto reposession/Default on Auto Loan [ 3 Answers ]

To whom could lend some immediate advice, I purchased a 2005 brand new vehicle in 2005. This automobile has been repossessed as of 5/07. In addition, I filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13) in 2006 to avoid this very problem, however that has been dismissed for lack of payments. My current...

Auto loan default [ 4 Answers ]

Good evening: I currently have my auto loan through Wells Fargo bank. I have paid on my loan for the past three years without incident. On December 13, 06 I contacted WF to discuss paying off my loan since I was re-financing my home to clean up debt. They told me the payoff amount and that was...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.