Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zesty209 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 09:07 PM
    Daughters father is getting married, heart broken! Is there any healing in the pain?
    My daughter is 1.5 years old, her father left me for another woman when I was pregnant. I've spent a lot of time being angry, because he talked about getting married and confessed his undieing love for me, then a month later, he walked out on me. During my baby shower, I found out he was dating another woman with 2 daughters of her own. Her oldest daughter was friends with his older daughter (an 8 year old girl from another mother).

So now he's got 2 children born out of wedlock, one with me and one with another woman... and he's getting married to this home wrecker, who knew I was pregnant and didn't care.

I'm still angry, I kicked his butt in court for child support, and he already paid child support for the other daughter. I almost wonder if he's getting married so quickly because he needs to live on a dual income household to support his lavish lifestyle? The man had a house keeper and a gardner, and now he's out about 1600.00 a month between both child supports he pays.

I'm also still very much hurt. He's going to live in the same household with this new woman and her children, and he had no interest in being a real full time father to his children.

I lost my job, my home is in foreclosure, I have no health insurance, I can hardly afford food and he never once looked back to see that I'm still laying in the gutter with his child! Now he's getting married and he announces it to me like that's a good thing, like I'm suppose to be happy for him. When really deep down inside, I'm still hurt, angry and living through pain day in and day out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 10:20 PM

Sorry for your misfortunes, and pain, at this hard time in your life. Seems you have a lot to worry about, and honestly I can only offer you prayer, and support, and a cyber hug at this time, as inadequate though they may be, as you try to heal, and make adjustments.

He will get his, no worries about that, even as you overcome your own circumstances, because the GOD that I understand don't like ugly, or evil.

>CYBER HUG<
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2010, 05:21 AM

Sounds like you're really having a difficult time, but as Tal stated, he will get his in the end. He's obviously not the prince that you hoped he would be.

I know that you're feeling hurt and rejected, but you may be lucky that you didn't get stuck with him and his cheating ways. Also looks like he's really lacking in the "daddy" department.

It'll be hard, but you'll get over him soon and you'll be able to go out there and find yourself a good man who'll love you and be a father to your baby.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2010, 08:49 AM

When our ex's walk away they very rarely look back. For a lot of them they would have to face the destruction they helped cause. Sometimes its ourselves that we have the hardest time forgiving. Its easier to come to terms with our part in the relationship, for falling for this person in the first place. Once we can finally forgive ourselves is usually when we can finally go a whole day without even thinking about him. Its your time to start picking up the those pieces. It won't be easy and you still going feel like you have been to hell and back. Do you have any family or good friend that maybe you could make a fresh start by moving close to them. They can help with baby so you can find a job. Or check with local churches to some help, if nothing else they will listen. Keep us posted,and remember your not alone.
    smitapatil Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Whoever has less emotions and feelings, recovers faster. Men often do as they are less tied to their responsibilities but some men are very responsible as well. If there is a way to seek support from a church group or some other network to share the burden of raising your child. You will otherwise hate your child as children have a way of eating up a lot of time. Managing ones money is important and making proper financial decisions for yourself and your child. Do you want to find may be a couple that wants to share the responsbility of child rearing.. . like a relative or someone like that. Sometimes there are people whose grandchildren have grown up as well.. who would be happy to lend a hand through a church network or something like that.

I am not religious myself but I think modern (not fundamentalist) churches that respect modern women who are independent can find ways to support single mothers and find individuals who could give free financial advice. As I have no relatives in North America and my in laws are backward, I went to an epicostal church for some months and got a lot of support for my family though I was not a single mom.. . it was a laid back kind of church not too traditional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing Pain/ healing time [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 3 weeks ago. How long does it take for a cartilage piercing to heal and stop hurting?

How to win the heart of a married man.who said he wasn't married anymore. [ 21 Answers ]

I hope someone can help. I met this man and he swept me off my feet.I have not been on a date in 2 years. The night I met him we stayed together until 4:30 in the morning. On the dance floor we started kissing, I never did that in my life. He asked me to go out with him on the following wed...

Healing After Relationship with a Married Man [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved with a married man for 26 months. It completely ended this week as he moved to Brazil. I've "read" so many true things about this type of relationship that I wish I had read BEFORE now... He and his wife had no children together. He met her while working in Brazil 12 years ago. ...

Another Married Man, Broken Heart Story [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I just ended a relationship with a married man who I truly love. I have loved him for over 10 years from a far, but never even remotely entertained the idea of pursuing it. I found out from him surprisingly that he had the same feelings a year and a half ago. I was resistant, but my...

View more questions Search