Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XRawrr17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2010, 05:46 PM
    How do I get my mom to know that I'm nothing like my sisters?
    I have 3 sister. 2 older and 1 younger. The younger one isn't the one I'm talking about. One of my older sisters (Who is adopted) is 19 and has a baby who is about 2. My other older sister (my real sister) who is 19 also, is very christian, is married, and has a baby on the way. My mom is always trying to make sure I don't end up like my adopted sister, so she made me get on birth control though I'm not doing anything wrong with any guys. Then she tried to get me to be as perfect as my real sister... but I'm just not like them. I'm not going to go out and get myself pregnant.. but I'm not going to get As and Bs on my report card, find the perfect christian guy, and love Jesus like my real sister does. I don't understand why she can't just accept me for who I am. I can't be like my sister... believe me a couple years ago I tried. How do I get her to understand I'm not doing anything bad.. but that doesn't mean I'm going to be perfect?
    bradi1478 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 06:37 PM
    I think you should sit down and tell her that you are not your sister and that you have done nothing wrong with your life. You were raised correctly enough to know to be safe and not stupid, I don't know if this helps but I tried...
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 22, 2010, 06:52 PM

You mother means well. She is being over protective, we know that, but it is out of love for you. Having said that, sometimes we have to let our children be themselves, and that is not always easy to do. We try to keep you from making mistakes that could effect your whole life, and to a teenager it often seems over done. The birth control issue is something you really have to talk over with your mother. It can be more than just trust. It's the realization that you are growing up. You sound like a pretty level headed young lady, so hopefully your mother will recognize that and not put so much pressure on you, and let you be yourself. But don't be too hard on her, she is just concerned for your welfare, and is trying to raise you the best way she knows how. Someday you will be a mother, and you will know what it's like to worry about your loved ones 24 hours a day.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 07:14 PM

I agree with John. Your Mother loves you and wants the best for you. Keep on being who you are and she'll see you are a good girl. It's a Mothers job to worry. Try to bring the grades up and she'll see you're doing okay. Good Luck
    arithehun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Tell her your feelings. Be straight out. You don't seem scared of her, give it a try.
    arithehun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Tell her your feelings. Be straight out. You don't seem scared of her, give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my friends mom adopt me with out my mom giving me up? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out if my friends mom could adot me? I'm only 14 but I can't stand living at my house anymore. My parents got divorsed last year and I stay with my moms ex husband. He's not my birth father and now he's not related to me in anyway. I get that I get rules and everything...

Why do sisters argue about sisters husbands [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how to ask this question or what result will come out of it, but my wife Martha and I have been together for 7 yrs and recently got married. Since Ive been with this new familiy it always seems that ONE of her sisters is always talking ugly, negative about me. She calls me the scum of...

Early 90's movie where lady locks mom in basement because mom is monster [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to remember the name of this horror movie that I think came out in the early 90's or late 80's where at the beginning, this lady goes to a gypsy/fortune teller and the fortune teller gives her a Moon and Star pendant and tells her that her soul mate will have the same Moon and Star...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

Mom putting real estate into sisters name [ 8 Answers ]

Mom is 84 years old and has just been diagnosed with parkinsons, she has a sizable real estate asset located in the state she lives (washington) that is free of any liens. My wife is the youngest of three girls and takes care of mom. The other two live out of state and have a very good phone...

View more questions Search