Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amylyn2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2003, 09:28 PM
    Deodorant
    Can anyone tell me the best deodorant (or other option) to use to prevent odor under arms? Thanks
    countess12night Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2003, 08:50 PM
    deodorant
    It's really something that you have to experiment with - different brands work for different people. If it is only odour that bothers you, virtually anything scented will do. However, this usually results in a combination of body odour and cover-up scent, which is not much of an improvement. Anti-perspirant is the most common and most effective way to treat underarms, and it comes in a variety of scents (including my personal favourite... Unscented!). Look for the active ingredient aluminum - the higher a percentage it is, the stronger the protection. You also have a choice of liquids, solids, or gels. Experiment to see which you like best; my personal favourite is solid because it is dry when it goes on, as opposed to the liquids and gels which sometimes feel sticky. However, with solids you have to be cautious - if you over apply them, you will end up with white residue on your clothes! Finally, if you have a serious sweating problem, consider using an over the counter medication like Drysol, which has a stronger formula than regular antiperspirant. Using it about once a week in addition to your nomal antiperspirant is extremely effective.
    Hope this is helpful!
    grace_versales Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 05:46 PM
    deodorant
    Buy one of those ani-persperant deodorants, that'll help. And wash your under arms in the morning, when you get home from work/school, and before you go to sleep. Plus only wear shirts once, because the odor sticks to the shirt and makes the smell come back. I know this because I had armpit odor and this really helped me. I got arm pit odor because I inherited it from my dad.

I hope this helps
    doug137au Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2004, 06:53 AM
    deodorant
    When I first wore my uniform shirts,when my wife ironed them,odour was present with a vengeance,I experimented with various antiperspirant-deodorants and finally settled on a brand made by Revlon:called "Mitchum",
    My personal favorite is "Powder Fresh"I have been using this product for 20 years on the road,and I have no complaints at all,even on the hottest days
    carol Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2004, 07:38 AM
    Deodorant
    Quote Originally Posted by amylyn2000
    Can anyone tell me the best deodorant (or other option) to use to prevent odor under arms?? thanks
    If wetness is not a concern, a simple deodorant formulation will work well for you. Deodorants contain antibacterial ingredients like triclosan that kill odor causing bacteria.

If you need wetness protection as well, especially during hot summer days, then you will need a combination of anti-perspirant/deodorant. The anti-perspirant active is usually aluminum salts.

Avoid products that contain heavy fragrances and alcohol. While these two ingredients help mask odor and kill germs, they eventually make matters worse for you with the added problem of underarm discoloration. The skin in our armpit is very thin and sensitive and the worst sensitizers and allergy inducing ingredients are fragrances and alcohol. Fragrance-free and alcohol-free is best.
    dave5150 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2004, 05:58 PM
    Deodorant
    I find gillette is a good brand of pitstick. But you'll have to experiment to find the brand that's right for you.
    desii Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2005, 02:33 AM
    Yeah I use gillette, the 1 with the power strip but like every 1 said u got to try stuff out before you find the 1 that you like
    NURSING101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2005, 03:11 PM
    Deodorant
    Have You Tried Bakingsoda As A Deodorant It Does Take Away Odors. :)
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2005, 11:39 PM
    You mentioned you also wanted another option to underarm odor. Well I stopped eating foods with trans fats in them 6 weeks ago and noticed the most amazing benefit (I use deodorant that is made from natural crystal) the underarm odor has been reduced by almost 80%. Maybe trans fats screw up your system more than people think. Also feel so much better for not eating foods with the trans fats in them.
    emporor008 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 12, 2005, 02:38 PM
    Hmmm
    Well, I use something called tussy it's a bit messy but it works no doubt.
    InitialL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 08:38 AM
    Its really Work
    Finally, an AWARD WINNING INVENTION called Dr. Mist is available with a money back guarantee. It really works. You can view the product on www.drmist.ca or order the product on www.dermalpatches.com . It is unbelievable.

Dr. Mist, winner of several international global awards for invention, new technique and product excellence. Doesn't just cover up body or foot odor, it eliminates it for up to 3 days, EVEN IF YOU CAN'T SHOWER!

Dr. Mist is a healthy innovative mist which will kill bacteria on the surface of the skin and is second to none for underarm protection, athlete's foot, eczema, acne with visible results in 24 hours, open wounds, as well as taking the sting out of insect and mosquito bites.

Dr. Mist body hygiene floatation spray uses a revolutionary. Award winning floatation technology to thoroughly remove body odor and eliminate bacteria, while dispersing darkening pigmentation caused by germs and sweat for a cleaner, whitening effect. Dr. Mist, a multi-function higiene product with a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, Can also be used on your pets and children.
    It is unreal!

(phone: 519-631-2618)

Email: [email protected]
    charité Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 12:43 AM
    Kate Jones Deo
    Here's another option gals, try to e-mail: [email protected]

I have tried their Underarm Whitening and I can attest to its effectivity. Thumbs up! I even have a picture of my undearms taken before I had it whitened. How do I attach it here?
    beme Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2005, 03:12 PM
    I love:
    Well I love dove it makes you smell good and you don't have to shave that often.try it for 7 days it will work try(powder)
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2005, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InitialL
    Finally, an AWARD WINNING INVENTION called Dr. Mist is available with a money back guarantee. It really works. You can view the product on www.drmist.ca or order the product on www.dermalpatches.com . It is unbelievable.

Dr. Mist, winner of several international global awards for invention, new technique and product excellence. Doesn't just cover up body or foot odor, it eliminates it for up to 3 days, EVEN IF YOU CAN'T SHOWER!!

Dr. Mist is a healthy innovative mist which will kill bacteria on the surface of the skin and is second to none for underarm protection, athlete's foot, eczema, acne with visible results in 24 hours, open wounds, as well as taking the sting out of insect and mosquito bites.

Dr. Mist body hygiene floatation spray uses a revolutionary. award winning floatation technology to thoroughly remove body odor and eliminate bacteria, while dispersing darkening pigmentation caused by germs and sweat for a cleaner, whitening effect. Dr. Mist, a multi-function higiene product with a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, Can also be used on your pets and children.
    It is unreal!

(phone: 519-631-2618)

email: [email protected]
    What are the side effects?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2005, 05:11 AM
    Deoderant
    Hi,
    You will have to try these, one at a time, until you find one you like, and works for you.
    There are creams, roll-ons, wipes, sprays, etc, etc, etc.
    Try one, see if it keeps you from "smelling" throughout the day. If it does, it works.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Sep 23, 2005, 09:43 AM
    Thanks fredg.
    pommi Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2005, 07:04 PM
    A Good Anti-Perspirant for Odor
    I have a rather strong body odor, not horrible, but not roses, either. I used Mitchum but I find that my body gets used to it after awhile.
    I just discover Adidas 24hr Protection Cool Gel. I am female and bought the man's version by mistake. It made my underarms itchy but worked great. I then saw the woman's version and bought that. Big difference. No itchy and no odor or wetness.
    The active ingredient is:
    Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorahydrate 19% for men and
    Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly 15% for women.
    There is also Certain Dry. I know CVS sells it. Hope these help. Just keep trying.

Oct 3, 2005, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pommi
    I just discover Adidas 24hr Protection
    Funny you mentioned this product. I recently started to use its dry version and its great. I don't want to make any publicity but I really like it. And besides the fact that its keeping you dry... it smells GREAT!
    freckles005 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 05:19 PM
    I like the secret deodorants, they work wonders and has nice fragrance.

Oct 26, 2005, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by freckles005
    I like the secret deodorants, they work wonders and has nice fragrance.
    At what deodorants are you referring to ? All I know is the normal ones... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flushed deodorant bottle by accident [ 3 Answers ]

Accidentally, the deodorant stick was flushed this morning and disappeared. Although paper seems to be flushing, it's terribly sluggish and slow. I used wet vac to try to retrieve, but no luck. Any recommendations before I call a plumber? Thanks!

View more questions Search