Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdc6e43e Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 12:47 PM
    My girl asked for a break and I want to get her back. Crazy story
    I was talking to this girl for about 5 months. When we meet she just got out of a 2.5 year relationship. I asked her then if she wanted to be single for awhile she said she was fine. Over the past 5 months I have really falling hard for this girl, hands down best girl I have ever dated! About two weeks ago she started getting worred that it was getting to serious. Also at this time her group of friends started getting very close again. Her X and her share a lot of the same friends, they were not very welcoming of me. I'm sure she had little birdies in her ear. At the start of this past weekend we were having a fight about what was going on, everything still seemed fine. The next day she asked for a break. She said she wanted to back off for a bit and figure some stuff out. Saying she should wouldn't mind if dated other people but maybe no sex or nothing serious till she could clear her head. I told her there is no point in dating other people unless your looking for something real or to have sex, adding I only want to date her. Then I said don't want to be just her friend and I'm not going to sit around and wait. She cryed, we hugged, I walked out. I realize now that things were getting a bit serious and that's not really what I wanted. I don't like being told "lets take a break"(last girl that told me that had someone else lined up) but I don't think that's the case, maybe she did want to date others but I'm pretty sure she still has real feelings for me and just wants to be single for the first time in 3 years . Still, I gave her the ultimatum which probably made it far worse. We have not spoke at all in 4 days... I don't want to be to needy or clingy, she does want space and I want her to miss what we had and want to call me. However, I also need to let her know that the ultimatum was stupid and I was just being to emotional. I'm willing to allow her some space and I will just handle my business. How should I go about trying to tell her this and trying to get her back? My friends tell me this is all very crazy it's to late and to drop it, no help. I am going to try and win her back I just need a stratagy.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 22, 2010, 01:04 PM

If I were you, I would listen to my friends. They have a much better handle on this then you do. This girl was not interested in getting in a serious relationship with you and told you that. So what strategy can you come up with to get someone back that you never really had in the first place?

There are plenty of other girls out there that you probably will have a better chance with than this one. But you should learn not to come on too strong and rush things, or the same thing will happen over and over.

One last thing. This girl sounds like she has been trying to let you off easy. She sounds very sensitive to your feelings. Don't confuse that with her having romantic interest in you. She was just trying not to hurt you, but you can't seem to get the hint. Again I say. Listen to your friends and forget this one.
    jeninthebckgrnd Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Just say hi... then wait don't rush anything and just leave the space open...
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Oct 4, 2010, 10:40 PM
    Sorry dude but you were her rebound! She just got out from a 2.5 yrs relationship and you think she's going to fall in love with you that fast. You must be blind. She was just using you to either forget about him, or try to fill to void that she felt when she lost her ex. I say move on! Your only going to hurt yourself. Just leave while you its still fresh. Your friends are right just move on and drop everything. You deserve someone that can love you the way you should be loved.
    Askingquestion Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

Oct 5, 2010, 09:51 PM
    What people are saying could be true, but it's impossible to know without having seen what your relationship is really like. My advice is, tell her that you put more thought into it when you had a clearer head. If she wants time, that's OK. But I think if she really cares about you, pretty much regardless of what you do, she'd be back. So if you feel like you're fighting really hard to get her back, I'd ask yourself how strong of a foundation that is for a relationship in the future. Just keep that in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl I like's boyfriend just asked for a break and she came to me first. Good or bad? [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate let these two girls stay over in our house after a 21st birthday celebration at the bars. When they came back from the bars they were clearly drunk, but then again I was a little also. Instantly me and (this is the name I've come to call her) b clicked.. we played beer pong in our...

This girl likes me but over break she tells me she is trying to get back with her ex [ 11 Answers ]

This girl was dating her ex for a few years though high school and broke up many times because she said he was immature and we started hanging out in college towards end of the semester, we hooked up a lot and it was her idea to have sex with me, and she told me that she really likes me and cares...

Asked for a break, I want him back [ 9 Answers ]

About a month ago my boyfriend asked for a break because of being too busy and stuff. He said there was a possibility we could get back together in the summer. We talk every so often but not for that long just a hi how are you doing how was your weekend thing. We don't go to the same school so we...

How can I get my girl back after a break up [ 6 Answers ]

I'm down, been 4 days since we talked... before that weeks of her saying she loved me, but didn't know, wants to wait until she gets back in the country in two weeks to see how things go, then its "it's over for now, things will go how they are supposed to" I had got upset on a visit to see her,...

View more questions Search