Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kylax Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 12:42 PM
    Constantly itching vagina
    Hi I'm a 22 year old girl and since Sunday I've had a constantly itchy vagina its basically all over that are its been itching I've tried creams such as caneston sudacrem and savlon also someone suggested yogurt but these haven't worked. I went to the doctors today and the nurse gave me so oil that you put in the bath and some more caneston cream and a blue caneston pill I took the pill at about 1 but not sure if its worked as I'm still very itchy. I told the nurse I don't think it could be an STD or STI as a few weeks back me and my partner of 3 years had sex on a Saturday night and I was fine and up until Friday 2 weeks after that Saturday we had sex again and was the Sunday after the Friday if you get me and id been with my partner all the time I've not had many sexual partners and never cheated on my current partner and he swears he has never cheated. But last Friday when we had sex half way through we had to stop as we thought someone was at the door there wasn't and when we started again I wasn't as wet and it hurt it bit to have sex so that caused me to split open down there and also I'm always cleaning myself down there and the nurse said that it's a combination of that but today I've taken the caneston tablet cream and bathed in the oil and I'm still really itching just wonderd if you could help me such as give me a name of what I have got what else I can do to stop the itching when the nurse looked she noticed there wasn't any smell and discharge was the same and producing the right amount it just look a bit red and could see were I had split she also said can be caused by wearing trousers all the time but please if you could help and advise me what to do ill be very thankful please reply cheers
    kykyky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Contantly itchy vagina
    Hi I'm a 22 year old girl and since Sunday I've had a constantly itchy vagina its basically all over that are its been itching I've tried creams such as caneston sudacrem and savlon also someone suggested yogurt but these haven't worked. I went to the doctors today and the nurse gave me so oil that you put in the bath and some more caneston cream and a blue caneston pill I took the pill at about 1 but not sure if its worked as I'm still very itchy. I told the nurse I don't think it could be an STD or STI as a few weeks back me and my partner of 3 years had sex on a Saturday night and I was fine and up until Friday 2 weeks after that Saturday we had sex again and was the Sunday after the Friday if you get me and id been with my partner all the time I've not had many sexual partners and never cheated on my current partner and he swears he has never cheated. But last Friday when we had sex half way through we had to stop as we thought someone was at the door there wasn't and when we started again I wasn't as wet and it hurt it bit to have sex so that caused me to split open down there and also I'm always cleaning myself down there and the nurse said that it's a combination of that but today I've taken the caneston tablet cream and bathed in the oil and I'm still really itching just wonderd if you could help me such as give me a name of what I have got what else I can do to stop the itching when the nurse looked she noticed there wasn't any smell and discharge was the same and producing the right amount it just look a bit red and could see were I had split she also said can be caused by wearing trousers all the time but please if you could help and advise me what to do ill be very thankful please reply cheers
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 12:50 PM

Did the nurse or doctor take a smear? Just looking isn't enough. You have to go back, tell your doctor what you're experiencing, ask him to do tests.

It sounds like the nurse thinks this is a yeast infection, which it may well be.

We can't give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet, so go back to your doctor.

Sep 22, 2010, 12:58 PM

I had to set up a new profile cause the PC frozed and wudnt let me have the same name lol I'm guna use this 1 though now its working as I've just got an email come through yes she said it seems to be that just its really itching never had it so bad like I said I've got no lumps bumps smell or coloured discharge its normal from were I've scratched at it a bit red I've also got no pain when I got to the loo such as sting or burning just wanted some advice of what else I can do to stop this itching like I said I honestly don't think its anything like an std etc but what's the worst it could be please rpely and thank you for replying back
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 12:58 PM

If a Physician or trained medical professional has examined you and made suggestions there is little else we here on the board can do.

Are you positive that your partner has been 100% faithful to you? Did the nurse do any sort of medical testing on you to rule out an STD?

It sounds to me like "simple" (and I know the itching can drive you crazy) irritation.

Did the nurse suggest that you sit in a wam (not hot) bath to relieve the itching?

It's going to take a little while for the tablet and oil to work.

I have heard women advised not to wear tight underwear or tight trousers until the itching improves and then to be careful in the future - don't wear tight trousers, for example, two days in a row.

Your Pharmacist would be able to recommend what you should add to the warm bath to relieve itching - I know an oatmeal substance is sold which you mix in with the bath water which is supposed to be very soothing.

Let me know how you are doing.
    Pets Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 01:03 PM

We really can't give you a diagnosis, and guesses won't help you.

It very well could be a yeast infection. You just started using the cream today, it will take a while before the infection is gone and the itching subsides. Follow the instructions given by the nurse. If it's no better in a day or two than I would suggest going back.

You can help things along by eating plain yogurt. I know you said you tried that, but really, it works. The yogurt and the meds should speed the healing up a bit.

Don't scratch, no matter how badly you want to. If it's red from scratching you'll only make it worse.

Warm baths can also help.

I wish we could give you an exact diagnosis, but we really can't, not over the internet. Follow the nurses instructions and go back if it doesn't get better.

Good luck.

Sep 22, 2010, 01:04 PM

Hey I've got 2 post the same my PC crashed and had to set up a new name etc but I'm keeping this 1 now
    That's what he's said and he swears down that he hasn't but like I say I'm always with him so it would be hard for him to do anything like that if you get me I've not had any tests as the nurse said it doesn't look or feel like I was to have anything really serious but just very red from me itching there I just want it 2 stop as like I said I've had it for 4 days now and its waking me up in the night the nurse recommeded that oil you add a bath what's the best thing to do thank you for replying back
    Pets Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 01:08 PM

The best thing to do is follow the nurses instructions. That's all you can do.

Sep 22, 2010, 01:11 PM

The caneston cream I've been using since last night but cause I went today to the doctors she gave me this like caneston duo I'm just so worried its something serious I feel really dirty even though I've been told its to do with over cleansiness but still when its to do with down there it does make you worry like I said when we had sex we thought we heard someone at the door turned out it wasn't anything and when we started again it wasn't as wet and did hurt a little but though oh well I be fine but id actually split myself down there I also thought that the lubricant we used as we were wanting not to faf about we got the nearest 1 which already happen to be opened from using it previous and it had been sort of near direct sunlight it was a sachet one but the nurse said that wouldn't have anything to do with it also I asked her if cause my partner had been at work and not had a proper wash as such could it be from he's hands when he's been using things he works with but still she said that not be it but I thought maybe it could be but wouldn't this itching of happened the next day as I did have a bath the next day anyway so would off washed it away I can understand how id been split down there as when you heal anywere it does tend to itch
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 01:14 PM

Have you changed detergents or fabric softeners? Have you used perfumed Bubble bath or a different kind of soap? The fabric of the panties could have something to do with it. I'm not a Nurse or a Doctor but sometimes these things can cause infections or itching.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 01:22 PM
    There is f non infectious vaginosis that is caused by excessive cleaning and douching. You say you are cleaning constantly, but you don't say with what. If you are douching, that's a bad idea. We women are equipped down there with a certain Ph level that protects our vaginal tract from becoming infected, when this Ph is disturbed, that's when trouble begins. Yogurt was not a good idea. You should never use anything sweet (honey) around your vagina (say for foreplay) this disturbs that delicate balance and promotes yeast infections.

As for the break in the skin there, that's because you are were too dry and probably should have stopped at that point to avoid further damage. As for the trousers, well you should be wearing cotton underpants, plain white is best and always make sure your underwear is rinsed well to dispel laundry detergent.

What exactly are you 'constantly' cleaning with ?

Tick

Sep 22, 2010, 01:23 PM

Hi thanks for helping erm not that I no off I've asked the people I live with and they say no but I no you can use a cream for many years and all of a sudden it can bring you up in a rash I've actually had that in the past used a face cream for years and then my face will come up blotchy etc I do have a fragrance bubble bath but the 1 I use all the time I'm not wearing my normal nice underwear gone to granny knickers lol but hey if they going to help ill wear them forever if it stops this itching another thing is you no when I shave but then again I'm always shaving down there but this time I soppose as its growing back starting to irritate cause as stupid as this may sound and as lady like I can put it when I close my legs or have them closer together that's when I can feel it the most like an itch coming on but if I have me legs apart its not as bad but I don't want to look cheap if you get me I've been told at night no 2 wear any knickers to let air get to me I don't understand though cause in the past when anything kind of like this has happened I either sting or burn a little and it only lasts tops a day but this time its 4 days and no pain at all the only pain I've really got is from itching and cause I'm not itching with my fingers more kinder like rubbing it feels a bit bruised but its not bothering me really
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Comment on kylax's post
    I would suggest not using the oil in the bath. What is it called and was it prescription?

Sep 22, 2010, 01:30 PM

tickle: hi I just use body washes and when I shave I use conditioner as it softens my skin and makes it softer I do sometimes use my partners body wash lynx but I have used it in the past so I don't no if it would be that I just kind of get the soap body wash etc scrub my hands together and just sort of rub it around that area or I've got its not a sponge but like a sponge its flimsy sort of like a pom pom if that maks sense
    Pets Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 01:55 PM

Tickle, just have to point this out.

The good bacteria in plain yogurt helps fight yeast and yogurt can be used both internally and externally. BUT, be sure you buy plain, unsweetened yogurt. Since sugar feeds yeast, this is a crucial point.
    Found here;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...P6j5eg&cad=rja

And was also prescribed by my doctor when I was pregnant and had a yeast infection.

Just some info. :)
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 02:04 PM
    Comment on kylax's post
    I think you should dispense with washing your pubic area that way for a while. If you have a hand held shower spray, then spray that area well. You will irritate those lesions.
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 02:09 PM
    kylax, can you please make your posts easier to ready by using sentences and punctuation. It would really help.

Tick

Sep 22, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Sorry if I reply late just I'm in the UK and its 10.30 the oil is called oilatum and it I got it on prescription

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constantly sore vagina [ 36 Answers ]

Hi. I am nearly 21 years old and for over two years now, I have been sore and had burning when I wee, all before I even started in the relationship I am in. It was in a way copeable but gradually it has got worse and now I am very very seriously depressed and it's ruining my life. I have missed out...

Itching inner thigh near my vagina [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 yrs old and have had this itch on my inner thighs near my vagina going near my lower back. I got tested and it's not an std. How do I get rid of this? Can someone help me?

Red Bumps/Itching On And Around Vagina And Lower Butt [ 3 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex on the 1st of the month and now it's the 23. I have had severe itching around my vagina for about 4 or 5 days. I went to the doctor and she told me I have a yeast infection. I have been taking the medicine for about 3 days and eveything has gotten a better but the bumps that...

Under itching [ 1 Answers ]

HI this is cheery 21years female not married it was observed that from last 3 months I have under itching & I feel a lot of under irritation can u guide me to overcome from that problem

13 virgin itching redniss burning in vagina [ 9 Answers ]

Hey I am 13, My name is Genny! Um... I'm a virgin and well I have been having redness, itching, and burning in my vaginal area! I am scared to ask my mom and I need to know! Is it serous? Will it go away or do I have to see a doctor!! I Did research on the web and I thinks it's a yeast infection!

View more questions Search