Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SarahBlonde Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 11:47 AM
    What ever happened to the guy I dated all summer?
    I've been going out with this guy since the beginning of July... of course we both went on holiday in different places with different people so we didn't actually se a LOT of each other!
    Last time I saw him was the 5th of September, he came over to my place and stayed for the night. I've not seen him since! I keep looking for him but he just doesn't bother answering me, eventually I decided to stop looking for him and he sent me and email telling me he was going throu a tough time cause of his final exams...
    That's like rubbish cause its just not a good excuse... I don't know what to do.. I think it might be a little late to play hard to get...
    Anyway I really don't think he just wants to use me cause he's so sweet with me, and had shown a lot of interest in me before!
    What do you guys think? Perhaps he just lost interest?
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 22, 2010, 12:34 PM

Well I don't know why you would think his final exams were more important than you. After all you've known him all of two months. Maybe he did lose interest in you. Maybe he wasn't as smitten as you were. Who knows. Yes it is a little late to play hard to get. He spent the night with you, now he's back at school, and hopefully you learned a lesson not to get too involved with someone you really don't know well.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 12:45 PM

Leave the guy alone. You were a fling. Sorry but it happens.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 12:52 PM

Hello Sarah,

I think this one is a lost cause. I also think it's a little too late to play hard to get.

You should just move on and make yourself unavailable for him.

Good luck.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 01:48 PM

Play all the minds games you want (ex: playing hard to get). If he wanted to talk to you, he would find a way to contact you.

Sounds more like he's letting you down easy by telling you that he's busy with exams.

Unfortunately you might feel like you received mixed signals from him, as he stayed over at your place. Well, he did give the two of you a chance, by getting to know you better. After getting to know you better, maybe he realized that he cannot return those feelings, so instead of leading you on, by keeping in touch, he's trying to slowly drift away from you so that you don't get anymore false hope.

I know it's tough to swallow, but if he really had feelings for you, he would not leave you hanging for so long.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 04:03 PM

This fling is a wrap.
    The guy is no longer interested and you need to move on. If he contacts you again, you're not home.
    SarahBlonde Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Comment on beachloverjohn's post
    Oh but I really want him back!
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 23, 2010, 07:00 AM

You say you want him back Do you know how to get in touch with him? His phone number, eamil, anything. Does he have your number? I think you said you did and he emailed you eventually and said he was busy. How do you plan on getting him back as you said?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 07:12 AM

I know you want him back and that's fine. But the problem is, he doesn't feel the same way and you can't force him. He's got to be with you naturally.

The best you can do is to let him know how you feel. Then the ball is on his side of the court.

I know our advice seems so harsh. Of couse it would be great if he feels the same way about you, but unfortunately, he doesn't. There are still over 6 biillion people out there. Don't stay stuck too long on 1 person if he can't return your feelings.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    I know you want him back and that's fine. But the problem is, he doesn't feel the same way and you can't force him. He's gotta be with you naturally.

The best you can do is to let him know how you feel. Then the ball is on his side of the court.

I know our advice seems so harsh. Of couse it would be great if he feels the same way about you, but unfortunately, he doesn't. There are still over 6 biillion people out there. Don't stay stuck too long on 1 person if he can't return your feelings.
    You are right.. I wish.Sorry about the mix up with names. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Friend or Guy boyfriend Dated.What would you do? [ 15 Answers ]

I know the answer I should pick her over him. But there's more to the story, and I am wondering if my friend is really a friend at all. First and foremost, My best and the guy dated for a few weeks, about a year ago, it wasn't serious, and weren't in a relationship. I recently bought a...

How do I get over a guy I never dated in the first place? [ 8 Answers ]

I dated his bestfriend(am talking about 'like a brother to me' best friend thing) for two years. While dating his best friend I felt attracted to him but I never cheated on my ex with him. Considering his behavior then( texting, calling, being nice) it will be safe to assume he felt attracted to me...

Dated a guy NOW being called a whore [ 3 Answers ]

OK Here is the situation... I date this guy for about 4 months. He had been in a relationship to where he has a baby 9 months old. When we meet he was not with the baby mother. We did not spent lots of time together. But saw each other eveyday sometimes 3 or times a day. We had sex only twice! Now...

I never dated a guy with a kid before? [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm 21 and the guy a recently started dating is 25 and he has a 4 year old daughter, I've never dated someone with a kid before. It's early in the relationship but we're really falling in love kind of fast, and I want to meet his daughter, but I know he's protecting her because her mother left...

View more questions Search