Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imusic18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 10:43 AM
    My laptop won't start. Can you please help me with this problem?
    I have a spyware protection called spybot; ran a scan and it froze and didn't fix anything, which is unusual. So, I decide to shut it down by pressing the power button to restart my laptop computer. When I tried restarting it, it shows launch startup repair and start windows normally. I clicked on the launch start up repair; let it run.When it was done searching for a solution, it said that startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2010, 09:06 PM

What version windows?

Can you get into windows without using startup repair?

If you can, would suggest to get into windows and doing a system restore back to a date/time before running spybot

If you can't get into windows normally, boot into safe mode by tapping the f8 key when the machine is starting

Once in safe mode run the system restore

Start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore
    -go through the process
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 3, 2010, 04:13 PM

Restart your computer and keep on pressing the F8 key once every second.
    You should get a screen with some options.
    select startup and repair and run it.
    After the scan is done it should bring up a screen saying that it cannot repair it.

On the bottom of that window you should see:
    View diagnostic..
    View advanced...

Select Advanced Options.
    On the next screen select "Command Prompt"

Give it a sec to open. Now typ this into that black windows:
    chkdsk c: /F
    chkdsk d: /F
    chkdsk x: /F

This will check the hard drives for error. If this doesn't work then select "System Restore" from that same menu.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2006 Taurus has a problem hesitating to start sometimes, what could be the problem [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes when starting my 2006 Ford Taurus, it hesitate to start, sometimes it does this and sometimes not, what could the problem? I'm thinking the starter. I replaced the battery, thinking it could be the battery, but the problem still exist. Help!

Problem in my laptop speakers [ 3 Answers ]

I have laptop HP pavilion dv6500, suddenly I noticed that the right speaker was not working and the left one is working but the sound is not very good, I raised the volum of the voice to the top(100%) at that time the left speaker stopped working, but when I connect the headphone the sound comes...

Laptop monitor problem [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cup with about 1/4 cup of soda in it on the night stand my my laptop was on the bed. My cat tried to get on the night stand and dropped the glass right on my laptop. It was closed so it just hit the back of the monitor. THE COMPUTER WORKS... so I know it is okay... the monitor is having...

Laptop Monitor problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Dell laptop; LATITUDE. The O/S is Win 98. I am having some instabilty with the monitor. I get these green and red bands of color vertically on the screen, flashing and making it difficult to read web pages, word docs... etc. Can this be fixed or do I need a new laptop? ...

View more questions Search