Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Purchase ammunition online?
    I'm using a lot of .380 rounds lately at the firing range.

Our local WalMart has 100 rounds for $22 (22 cents each) but they rarely have them in stock. They get few boxes per week and they sell out fast.

My next best bet is a couple other local places that sell packages of 250 rounds for $100 (40 cents each).

Bummer!

Does anyone know where I can get .380 rounds online for at or less than about 25 cents per round (Price per round needs to, of course, include shipping and handling charges).

Thanks!

If it helps to know: I'm happy to use range (target) rounds. I have two 380s: A Walther PK380 and a Taurus PT738 (the one I carry everywhere).
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 07:10 AM

Hi RickJ... Califdad3 is the one who can find anything like that. There's a ready, Aim, Fire thread on the Dicussion Forum.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 07:16 AM

Have you tried this site?

Ammunition - Green Supply - Ammunition, Green Supply

Hubby isn't home right now, but I'll ask him about this.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Have you tried this site?

Ammunition - Green Supply - Ammunition, Green Supply

Hubby isn't home right now, but I'll ask him about this.
    That's a members only site. I'm looking for an online source to get .380 rounds (even if they are "target rounds") for better than about $25 per hundred.

PS. This is not a hunting issue. Thread moved back to where it was posted. We're working on adding a new board for Guns.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 12:08 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ad-481412.html

There a few places on this thread where you can buy ammo. It's a great thread!
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 06:06 AM

Thanks! I'll surf those sites to look for good deals.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 06:08 AM

Now, we haven't personally used those sites. I just did some sleuthing to find them. Keep me posted on how things go.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 06:18 AM

I will. I'll post the prices that I find so that others can be aware too.

So far, I've found that WalMart has, by far, the best prices - but I've learned that .380 ammo is in such high demand that most discounters have a hard time keeping it in stock.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 06:32 AM

Rick, When I originally answered, this post had been temporarily removed, so I PM'd the message. I see it is back and alive?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Rick, When I originally answered, this post had been temporarily removed, so I PM'd the message. I see it is back and alive?
    It wasn't removed. It was moved. I initially posted it to a different board - which I later realized should be here where it is now.

If you ever post in a thread - and the thread is later moved - your notification link (via email or your Profile) will point to where it has been moved to.

PS. I don't see where you've answered in this thread previously.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 06:39 AM

You won't see the original answer as it was Moved in the middle of me answering. I thought it had be removed, not moved. Take Care
    What was your best deal, including shipping?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 06:45 AM

I just caught WalMart in stock: I bought two 100 round boxes for $23 per box... so 23 cents per round.

I've not yet found an online source for better than that.

I'll burn up 50-60 of them off at the range today or tomorrow with my sons :)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Ok, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to point out the place I usually go to for my ammo. If you're looking for bulk, there's no better place than AMMOMAN.COM . The website is somewhat cheesy and unprofessional looking but the guy delivers what he promises. The prices are very low and shipping is included in all prices. Great place really.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Good site to compare with, couldn't find the .380 Auto? for a hundred?
    Wonder if has changed in a year?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 06:01 PM
    The ONLY problem that I have ever had with him is that sometimes he has trouble getting ammo... like right now, he can't get 7.62x39 from Wolf like I use in my SKS and AK... and I see he's also out of .380. He does have a sign up where you can request information on certain calibers. You get emails from him when they come in and when there are specials on them. For the problems in getting ammo from him once in a while, he is still worth checking out due to his low prices and free shipping. I have ordered plenty from him and never been disappointed.

One time I ordered standard 7.62x39 Wolf from him and I guess he ran out so he shipped Wolf Military Classic for the same price. At the time, there was a 20 cents per box difference in price ($10 for the case).

Also to be aware of... most of his ammo is sold in bulk. He usually won't break it down into single boxes. It does pay off if you're planning on buying a lot.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 02:10 PM
    Here is a great site and I know these people.

.380 Auto Ammunition

They have the 7.62x39 too
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 02:12 PM
    In case you need the link for the 7.62

http://palmettostatearmory.com/762-ammo.php
    Entomology Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
    The prices aren't too bad on that site when compared to some places... slightly lower than the average going rate for the ammo I buy. They seem to be having a problem with 7.62x39 also... they seem to be out of it like so many others. Seems to be getting harder to get 7.62 and 5.56 like it was 2 or 3 years ago.

They did have a good price on .380 Federal Hydra-Shok (my choice for defensive handgun ammo).
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 3, 2011, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    The prices aren't too bad on that site when compared to some places...slightly lower than the average going rate for the ammo I buy. They seem to be having a problem with 7.62x39 also...they seem to be out of it like so many others. Seems to be getting harder to get 7.62 and 5.56 like it was 2 or 3 years ago.

They did have a good price on .380 Federal Hydra-Shok (my choice for defensive handgun ammo).
    Lately the market has been flooded with the AK and others that use that round so there is lots of competition for getting it. There are lots of sites out there but you have to watch the delivery charges. Some are outragous. Have you ever been to :

www.Ammoengine.com
    Or
    www.Luckygunner.com

Those are a type of clearing house where you can see lots of places at once and also see who has what. Luckygunner as part of their site has real time inventory and a promise for it to be in stock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Looking For a Good online source to purchase auto parts [ 3 Answers ]

About a week ago I bumped into this great site that showed me the list price of various parts and compared it with various makers's prices. Can anyone give me a website that will do this other than amazon.com?

Warranty for online heating and cooling equipment purchase [ 17 Answers ]

I am looking to replace my heating and cooling system with a Rheem 13 SEER 4 ton heat pump and matching indoor unit. I have received quotes ranging from $5500 to $7500. Big gap, so I started doing some searching on line. I have found the equipment that has been quoted to me on line for just over...

Where can I purchase this shirt/sweater online? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been looking for this shirt for a while. I even gone through many "atheist shirts" links on goggle. If you know, let me know! Thanks, Sarah

View more questions Search