Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YYstella Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 11:46 PM
    Donated land
    What's the accounting treatment of donated land?
    hamzashakaa Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Sep 22, 2010, 04:55 AM
    If the land is received from a government agency then you should record the land at fair value and you should credit the donated capital account in the equity section of the balance sheet. If the donation is received from a nongovernmental agency then you should record a gain on receipt of a donated capital in the income statement.
    hamzashakaa Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Sep 22, 2010, 07:36 AM
    Yes you should use this account in case of revaluation
    YYstella Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Comment on hamzashakaa's post
    could u also help me with this
    one,thank you!
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/go/explore.php?do=showthread&t=509792
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 12:17 PM
    Yystella, if you want to respond to someone, please scroll down and use the answer box instead of the little comment thing. (We'll call it a "technical issue" but the comment box was only meant for just like a quick thank you or something, not a follow up post.)
    wilkal04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
    You can not book a gain at donation... you just credit a Paid In Capital Account. Gain, if any will be recognixed when sale...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2012, 03:41 AM
    Why does this question show zero answers and yet has several answers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents deeded land to children before their death, tax consequence upon sale of land [ 1 Answers ]

What is tax consequentce on sale of land that was deeded to children before death of parents (now deceased)

My bro-in-law owned 40 ac. Of land we have lived on the land for 5 yrs, can the heirs [ 1 Answers ]

-my brother-in-law ask my husband and I to move onto his land with him. He has died and left no will. The land goes to his kids. The question is can they make us move off the land even though we were to live there as long as we wanted to.

Can a land owner, who has his land verbally given to heirs, change his will after h? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a land owner, who has given his land verbally to his children, change his will about the property if he has been in a mental for depression. He has not been legally declared legally incompetent as of yet.

View more questions Search