Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damil27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Should I keep my 1953 Series A 5 dollar bill or should I sell it?
    I have a used 5 dollar bill 1953a, it has a blue seal and it says silver certificate on top. I don't know what that means. But is it worth keeping for 30 years? What will it's value be in the near future? Thanks.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2010, 09:48 PM

DAMIL27- I am sorry to say that you are asking a question that only GOD can answer,I sure can't, I am not the one to say keep or sell: all though I have been a collector of coins and currency sinsce I was 7 years old and now in my 70'sAnd I do have quite a collection, But I will say this ,There have been some coins and currency that I real;ly was in the same place as you are now and some of it I have kept for more then 50 years , some that I thought that would no good I sold AND THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAKL TIMES THAT I HAVE KICKED MYSELF IN THE REAR SINCE BECAUSE THEY DID BECOME MORE VALUABLE; That's what I mean when I say that only GOD knows!! :Let me say this , IF you do decide to sell ; Don't go to a pawn shop or a coin and currency shop because yiou will only get a certain percentage of the real value,REASON is they have to make a profit off it also;; What you want to do is sell it to a collector, Run a add the news paper ,or go to your local liberbry and get a book on coins and one on currency and most of them have in the front a list of collectors in with all inform on how to contact themIF you can't ,let me know and I will get some out of mine ;; When you do sell you want to know exactally what you have and the real value; AT the end I will give you ba site to go to here on ask me help desk that you can go to and it will give you what you want to know on the condition and grade of your bill [NOTE -this is what really depends on [HOW VAULEABLE A COIN OR CURRENCY IS OK; ONE OTHER THING , Another thing that makes currency more vaulable is ;[DOES it have a {STAR in front of or at the end of the serial number} BE cause that makes it more value;; PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH WAY YOUI GO :. OK
    FIRST -WELCOME TO THE SITE ;;! 9)how do you grade the condition of paper money WELL have a great vnight and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS::F.B.E. GOOD LUCK!
    damil27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2010, 12:52 AM

Hello! Flying Blue Eagle! Thank you so much for your detailed response. And I think I will go to the library and look up some things about it. And yes I did run across a collector who offered me 125$ for it! So that's why I needed someone else's opinion of keeping it or selling it. I think I will keep it. So what happened was I was buying something at burger king when the person at the register saw the inside of my wallet. He asked me if he could look at the 5 dollar bill inside my wallet. I gave it to him and he offered me 125$ cash for it. I thought he was kidding but turns out he was serious. I told him I would think about it and come back another time. He even told me his work schedule. Haha. So I think I might keep it but I'm not too sure. I think I will do some more research. And Thank You very much for helping me out!
    uppy1022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Hi Damil27,

I just found out this weekend that I'm holding a 5$ Bill, Silver Certificate, year 1953. Over the last two years, going on three, have you found any more research on your 5$ Bill?

Thanks
    xxlilxxonexx94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 04:50 PM
    I have oneright now and I'm looking up how much it could be worth can I get some help from you guys?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Series 1953 Five Dollar Bill - Red Ink B under year [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1953 Five DOllar Bill. The bill is crisp and has a small piece missing from the upper right hand corner. The Ink is RED on the seal and serial # is C37401468A. Series 1953 B is listed on the right side near the Secretary of the Treasury signature. There is a Q 42 listed in the bottom left...

Need to Know About 1953 Five Dollar Bill [ 6 Answers ]

That's funny, I came across this site because I googled a five dollar bill that sounds just like Angelos, except like the guy above me, mine says the Sec of Treasury is C. Douglas Dillion and the Treasurer is Elizabeth Rudel Smith. There are no stars on my serial number. It is a 1953 B series. ...

Two dollar bill with red seal Letter A Series 1953 C [ 0 Answers ]

What is this worth? Two dollar bill with red seal Letter A Series 1953 C

1953 silver certificate five dollar bill series A [ 0 Answers ]

I got a 5 dollar silver certificate yesterday. I though it was fake lol. It looks bran new it is a series 1953 A. anyone know anything about these?

Series 1953 Five Dollar Bill - Black Ink "B" Under Year [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1953 series five dollar bill with the seal in blue ink over the five. The be under the 1953 series is in black ink. Last names are smith and dillion. Serial number is F85409171A. It is legal tender in the united states.there is an E21 near the bottom right corner near the five on the bill....

View more questions Search