Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    australia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 11:32 AM
    How to increase the production of benzene?
    Benzene C6H6 can be produce by the dehhdrogenation of cayclohexane C6H12 gas. The reaction has a hight acitivation energy (880 KJ mol ), is also endeothermic and reversible
    C6H12 (g) + 120KJ <===> C6H6 (g) + 3H2(g)

1) Under what condition will the rate of the forward reaction be greatest?

2) for a mixture of all three gases at equilibrium in a sealed container, what condition will produce the maximum yield of benzene?

3) suggest conditions that would be used for the commercial production of benzene using this process. Explain why you chose these condition
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Sep 21, 2010, 01:47 PM
    This sure sounds like homework. Give us your attempts at an answer and we will be happy to expand on it and give you help to get it finished.
    I would suggest that you treat parts 1 & 3 as related questions and part 2 as a stand alone question.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 01:38 AM

Yield is affected by K values (etc) and temperature (depends whether the reaction is endothermic or exothermic).

Rate is affected by catalyst, activation energy and temperature at which the reaction is performed.

Can you try your questions now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is drinking collagen will increase collagen production ? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I drink marien collagen every day that will help production for collagen in my body?and plump my cheek?

Bonding in Benzene diazonium chloride [ 7 Answers ]

Can any one tel me how nitrogen bonded to aromatic ring in Benzene diazonium chloride(BDC) got positive charge and to which atom is chlorine bonded in BDC?? I think any atom attains + charge if it looses electrons or when it shares lone pair of electrons to other atom in bonding.But to which...

What is the self ignition temperature of benzene octane 92 ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the self ignition temperature of benzene octane 92 ?

Benzene Ring [ 2 Answers ]

Could this be a better model of a benzene ring? http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/images/Crop_Circle_spirals.jpg

Nitration of benzene [ 1 Answers ]

Benzene can be nitrated using a mixture of concentrated nitric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid. Suggest how the nitration might be carried out. In your answer include reference to the apparatus required and the conditions for the reaction to occur.

View more questions Search