Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Megapixel for Dummies!
    O.K. now nobody here is a dummy, but I do have a question... I recently purchased a larger memory stick for my Sony Digital Camera and was wondering if the overall picture quality would greatly improve if I change my settings from VGA to 4MP? I upgraded from the stock 16MB to a 512MB memory stick. Appreciate your pin-point-input.

Thanks again!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Megapixels matter in two areas. The most important is print size. The larger you plan on printng the more megapixels you need. If you are going to print out anything less than 5x7 3-4 MPs is enuf. If you want to output at 8x10 then you want 5 or more. If you want poster size ypu want 6 or more.

The other place it matters is in digital zoom. The more MPs the better the picture when using digital zoom.
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Thanks a lot, thought that was the case since I print the normal 4x6 photos anyway. I do understand what you are saying when it comes to the digital zoom, makes a lot of sense. Hey, I'm glad I finally upgraded my memory sitck.
    Cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food for dummies [ 1 Answers ]

Im fairly happy with my body (if my tummy was a little tighter I'd be superb). I'm doing crunches every so often to maintain that imperfection. I'm fairly active walking, swimming every so often, coaching cheerleading, and the everyday housework which keeps me constantly on the go. However, I wish...

View more questions Search