Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TOM1102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Salary vs Hourly
    I classified as salary but I read that if your hour change to work load you are not salary, example my schedule changes 3 times per year due to level of business. 13 weeks I work 48 hrs / 13 weeks I work 60 hours and 26 weeks I work 54 hrs am I stilled classified as Salary since I'm a manager
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2010, 07:13 PM

Not sure what country you are in, but in the US, yes, the number of hours you work can change every week if they want,
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 6, 2010, 06:43 AM

You are classified as salaried exempt if you are a manager and meet the exempt requirements no matter how many hours you work.

This would be true whether you worked 10 hours or 50 hours.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hourly over salary [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone in the State of Georgia who is an houry employee be the boss of an salary employee?

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Salary Vs. Hourly [ 5 Answers ]

I understand the difference between exempt and non-exempt and how to actually pay them, but are there any legal ramifications for not paying someone that is salary for a sick day if they have exhausted all of their paid time off benefits? Toni Davis [email protected]

View more questions Search