Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2010, 02:07 PM
    Regional foods -- what are in your neck of the woods?
    In western NY we had goat milk fudge, red and white hots, and fish fries.

In the Chicago area, we have Italian beef sandwiches (with sweet or hot peppers), deep dish pizza, and Chicago-style hot dogs.

How about you?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Lobster, fiddleheads, salmon.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 08:41 AM

Clams, Dungeness crab, salmon, chantrelle mushrooms, blackberry pie, honey, lavender added to mochas, milkshakes, teas, ice cream... (Pacific Northwest)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2010, 08:53 AM

Cheese Steaks, Roast Pork Sandwiches, Soft Pretzels, and a whole lot of kick @$$ breweries (Yards, Victory, DogFish Head etc... )
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2010, 08:56 AM

BBQ and Sweet Potato Pie. Cornbread and fried green tomatoes. Best Cole Slaw in the world. Catfish and hushpuppies and Drip Cake! Sun Tea!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2010, 09:38 AM

We have nothing here, that's why I learned to cook all the things you guys are mentioning.

I miss my Italian Beef sandwiches and Chicago Hot Dogs with the sport peppers. They don't even sell Vienna here!:eek:
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2010, 12:19 PM

No Portillos! If I want it I have to have it shipped in and I have done that a couple times.

I'm in the State Capital, you would think they could get some decent food:rolleyes:
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 12:49 PM

Meat Loaf... pinto beans... fried okra... mashed garlic potatoes..
    Salmon patties with fried potatoes and onions. Macaroni Salad
    Chicken fried steak with cream gravy and homemade biscuits.Banana Pudding. Make your own ice cream.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good foods bad foods [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows what foods I should avoid if trying to get pregnane and if there are any foods I should eat more of? Also I am know taking prenatal vitimins after dinner on a full stomach is thar right? Be grateful for your advice X

My neck is like buffalo neck, but it's the bone instead of fat, I'm not overweight [ 2 Answers ]

Its always bothered me I have no idea what it is I looked up the buffalo neck, its not that because its not fat it's the bone

Neck is popping at base of my neck is this serious. It pops like it's off track [ 1 Answers ]

neck is popping at base of my neck is this serious. It pops like it's off track. I can hear it loud in my head happens when I life my head back up randomly

Regional specialties. [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is in Moscow (flight attendant) and I was wanting to cook something special for the boys (4&7). So we went down to the local fruit stand and got some fresh peaches. They were grown about 15 miles from here, and are in season right now. As I was making peach cobbler, I was wondering what...

Regional Settings for DVD... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, my friend encountered a problem few days back while she moved from Malaysia to australia. When she wanted to play any DVD movie, she had to go through the regional settings one more time. When it was set as Malaysia, the DVD could not be played. Anyway, she changed the settings and...

View more questions Search