Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubbm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 08:45 AM
    Auto loan converted to personal loan with same monthly installments (72 mo.)
    Topic: None Chosen
    Your Question: "I have a auto loan converted to a signature loan due to the bank not receiving the car title, so they converted it to a persoanl loan. Once the bank did that my auto loan (secured loan) just became a personal loan (unsecured loan) but yet the months of payments has stayed the same. My interest rate went up to 12.25% (which is the rate for personal laon). I have the title to the vehicle which says 'no liens on it'. Does this loan still fall under the unsecured loan even though they kept the same monthly time installed payments? my payments did go up since the interest rate went up from 5.9% to 12.25%???"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2010, 09:56 AM

Yes, its now an unsecured loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal Loan [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and have loaned someone $1000.00. They signed a paper stating they would pay it back and have not yet done so and it seems as if they have no intent on doing so. Is this considered GRAND THEFT and if not what would it be called? Thanks!

Figuring monthly interest cost on a loan [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to lend some money to a friend and we agreed that the interest rate charged per month would be whatever the current "Prime Rate" is at the first of the month. We have not set a monthly payment schedule nor an endpoint for the loan to be paid back. I am open to him paying me the interest...

Auto reposession/Default on Auto Loan [ 3 Answers ]

To whom could lend some immediate advice, I purchased a 2005 brand new vehicle in 2005. This automobile has been repossessed as of 5/07. In addition, I filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13) in 2006 to avoid this very problem, however that has been dismissed for lack of payments. My current...

Personal Loan [ 1 Answers ]

I am a small company looking for a personal loan. I have bad credit and the company has only been around for 7 months. I am looking for $8,000.00 over 3 years and am willing to pay a high interest rate. I would like the loan to be unsecured but am willing to put the Equipment I own up for...

View more questions Search