Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophiemckenzie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 07:19 AM
    What is one barrier to effective communication
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2010, 11:20 AM

One would be language barrier, for example if I use an abbreviation such as the AICPA and you do not know what it means then you will not know what I am talking about.

By the way AICPA stands for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 25, 2010, 05:15 PM

I agree with the previous 'postmasters.'

I would only add; lack of confidence, body language (eye contact, posture, etc), knowledge of the subject/s, failure to project, attentiveness, etc. And one of the most important, failure to listen and comprehend.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vapour barrier [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am at a crossroads. Here is my set up. Retangular prefab (Maax) shower base. Enclosed by three sides. One side is and exterior wall that is insulated and vapour barriered. The other two walls are interior. One wall being within the bathroom (wetwall) and the other sharing the wall...

Data Communication, Evaluate the performance of communication [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like your help in the below question: Scenario Mr Paul Rainer sits in his office at Avon Cosmetics, in Salford Quays. Mr Rainer is Vice President of corporate MIS and his mind is moving to communications. His Enthusiasm is infectious and all the executives in the company...

Effective Communication [ 2 Answers ]

In your opinon, do you feel online communication is effective? I feel in my experience that is is very misleading and causes a lot of misunderstandings. Anyone have any guidance on how to use email effectively in colleague works.

View more questions Search