Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 28, 2006, 04:43 PM
    It takes real courage to catch oneself in being a brat
    I was re-reading some articles in one “O” magazine this morning and one of the many articles was about how old are you emotionally and this statement stood out “... it takes courage to catch yourself in the act of being a brat... ”

Yeah, your parents told you that your day of birth is on this day but, I known that some of you may feel that you or others are acting under their age. It happens in all relationships, so let's see if we can heal these problems within this community so that we can be more helpful to those that need us.

Yeah, I got the nerve to open the door and yeah I want to know if any of you have the courage to address this important issue of immaturity.

Yeah, it is time for us not to take ourselves so seriously for awhile.

Little horrors let us have some fun!
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Dec 28, 2006, 04:53 PM
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours, hahahahaha!! J/K... I think a little immaturity keeps me sane. It's knowing when it's bad timing for those I care about that's hard.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 28, 2006, 04:57 PM
    Most people would grow out of their "brat" stage as they age. But some get stuck on being 19 years old forever. Recognizing that one needs to continue to evolve into a mature adult is the first step. I took that step some 15 - 16 years ago and continuously have been fine tuning how I live my life. I hope others, young and old, go through similar change for better.

[ Once you stop changing, you start to die. ]
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Alas, maturity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

"For every way of man is right in his own sight, but the Lord ponders the hearts" (Proverbs 16:2)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2006, 12:18 AM
    Hey, I have every right to be a brat any time I take the notion. After all, I am into my second childhood so THHHHhUUUUPPPPP! :rolleyes:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 12:26 AM
    :D Yes, I'm still a brat and a darned good one to boot!! :p Don't be jealous, you could be one too, if you try hard enough! :eek:
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 29, 2006, 07:48 AM
    That child is always within us. We just need to learn how to tap back into it, every once in a while.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 08:13 AM
    I like to think I never lost my sense of wonder and can be wonderfully immature most of the time. Maybe that's why I get along great with kids. Luckily I can turn it off at work or with my wife (but only occasionally for her :))

To be honest I don't get along that well with people who are dealy serious 100% of the time. I think that may show here from time to time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Hello:

I am never bratty. I'm always very serial.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

excon
    Watch the serial especially the corn flakes that's why I'm a FAT BRAT! :rolleyes:
    roogirl Posts: 69, Reputation: 18

Dec 30, 2006, 11:53 PM
    Yep I'm a brat. It's been a great source of amusement to both me and my family/friends. Glad they find it funny. No harm in revisiting your childhood every now and then. It's okay to let yourself go - just so long as you can get yourself back.
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Dec 31, 2006, 12:44 AM
    Huhh... wouldn't that be CEREAL? The cornflakes kind I mean?? Now you could be a serial cereal eater... like me... with the frosted flakes.

Once again... thank everyone for their comments, it's fun to be bratty some time. And so far everyone who has answered my question has been GREAT, mental slaps and all...

And I totally agree with Need Karma... I'm not into people who are 100% serious all of the time... even when discussing a serious topic sometimes a light comment lightens the heart... even in the worst disagreements with my hubby... we usually end up teasing each other about something totally unrelated and pretty soon we forgot what the arugument was about... it's harder to do that on a bulletin board but it works for us.

Once again, thank you for everyone's input... my areas of expertise are minimal: spanish and ice cream :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

excon
    HMMM, have you ever driven a hooker through the Green River area?:p
    -

Dec 31, 2006, 02:58 AM
    Nope! Never even thought to consider it, Excon! Why did she make you feel like a Serial Cereal eating brat, that you are? Or did the Green River turn your tummy?
    I don't like hookers! But I like acting like one from time to time! Cause, I'm a Brat! And he loves it! LOL

Ok, just read that again! Now I really think I need my morning coffee! But I'm a Brat! We're out and I just made him go to the store to get some! So, sometimes that hooker thing, helps you to stay a Brat! Hehe
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    HMMM, have you ever driven a hooker through the Green River area?:p
    Hello mag:

Driven?? I don't hire 'em to drive. Besides, they caught that guy (so they think).

Ex
    -

Dec 31, 2006, 06:29 AM
    Yikes! excon! Well I hope you and her have a Great New Year's! Just make sure you bag- all of your belonging's!
    I'm a brat! And I know it! Ha! Lada da dee, Lada da da!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Hmm, interesting reactions. Merriam Webster defines a brat as:
    a : an ill-mannered annoying child b : an ill-mannered immature person

I totally agree with many posters that acting immaturely or, more properly, keeping in touch with one's inner child is very important. It really does help keep us sane.

But being a brat is not something to aspire to nor to be proud of. People should be treated courteously at least until they demonstrate they don't deserve to be treated that way.

The quote Luna found can be expanded on.. . it takes courage to catch yourself in the act of being a brat... and to stop acting bratty and to admit you have acted bratty and to apologize for acting bratty.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrussole
    Champagne anyone?

Lada da dee, lada da da!
    <<<<<holds out her EMPTY champagne class... :)

Happy New Year Jrussole :):) May 2007 bring you lots and lots of Lada da dee, lada da das:p

And Happy New Year to all!

Be safe, Be happy, and always let the sunshine in :)
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jan 3, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Rise your pints!!! Happy New Year to all my brats and none little brats and I wish more joy... for without you life is so dull!!!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 11, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Its always funny to me that the folks who need meanspiritedness in their comedy will claim that the ones creative enough to pull off being funny without resorting to meanspiritedness are just being too serious. LOL

Oh wait, was that funny or just bratty? :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find Courage [ 86 Answers ]

This is the first time I have been here. I need some serious help. I have been with my man for 6 years now. My story is long, so I will sum it up to get to the botom line... I feel it deep in my heart that he is cheating on me. He lies to me, he is unavailable all the time, I cannot ever get...

Cheating Detail Catch 22 [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for a little over 5 years. 1 1/2 years ago I founf out that he had cheated on me, of course I was a wreck, I never thought he was capable, anyway, he had relationships/cheating 3 other times that I know of. At first I left him because of the cheating and lies, then a few...

Feeling Sorry For Oneself [ 6 Answers ]

How do you separate feeling sorry for yourself and true feelings of hurt?

View more questions Search