Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flamingo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Hello there!
    I was reading about your problems with acne and pimples. Have you heard of proactive? It worked for my brother and cousin. They didn't have breakouts eversince they started using the product. Their face beame clear.They saw its commercial on MTV. They have big names endorsing it. Jessica Simpson, Diddy,Alicia Keys, Vanessa Williams. It worked for them. I think it's about $60.
    jimdarling Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 05:15 PM
    My first question to you would be how long you have used a product before giving up on it. Everyone's skin goes through a renewing cycle every 30-60 days, as your body creates new skin cells. If you don't give a product a long enough try, then you could be passing up products that would eventually have worked.
    unis Posts: 89, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2005, 06:37 PM
    I think when a certain product is not giving you side effects you should give it a try until 6 weeks for you to see results, if not then, give up on it. But during the process it should at least doing improvements on your skin, like if the product is tend to take off your pimples at least on the process, you should not see new pimples and it should start to heal on the 5-6th week, then if your product is for whitening, it should at least smoothen your skin during the process before it show results etc.
    jujubee Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 04:58 PM
    One more questions for Lady C
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady C
    your health store should supply you with the b5 vitamin. Depending on where your alocated in this BIG world it's also known as pantothenic acid...

I've also heard amazing things about B5/pantothenic acid... but 6 tablets a day!! That's a lot of one vitamin, isn't it?? One can typically get their DV of B5 from eating a bowl of fortified cereal. I know that this worked for you, but did you ask a professional about this method and it's safety? Maybe I'm just paranoid but I've heard that there has been a significant increase in people suffering from vitamin poinsoning in the past 5 years because they are over medicating themselves.
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_angel_666
    I have a really bad problem with skin care. I've tried all kinds of face medication- perscription stuff, astringents, pore cleaners, and just about anything else that you can try for pimples. And still I have a new pimple almost every day. I AM AT MY WITS END WITH THIS. If anyone knows of any or has tried any MIRICALE skin product to stop this, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS ;D Thank you

Try glutathione or grape seed extract
    Buddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 10:22 AM
    It might seem nasty or wrong to most people, but I heard that several fluids dispersed from ejaculation from both men and women can treat acne, pimples, etc. This is due to the many vitamins that these fluids contain it is very healthy, although I can understand that it will feel really weird if you are smearing thise over your face. Might want to check it out on the web first before actually doing it :S :P but it might work, guess since not many people tried it, not many people know. So it might be that miracle cure ;).
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Oct 30, 2005, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingo
    I was reading about your problems with acne and pimples. Have you heard of proactive? It worked for my brother and cousin. They didnt have breakouts eversince they started using the product. Their face beame clear.They saw its commercial on MTV. They have big names endorsing it. Jessica Simpson, Diddy,Alicia Keys, Vanessa Williams. It worked for them. I think it's about $60.

I read that Jessica Simpson and Brittney Spears were on Accutane when they were promoting Proactive. Don't know if Britney promoted Proactive or not?? I like the Godiva Green Tea soap for acne.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 30, 2005, 06:37 AM
    Hope nature helps you more...
    http://www.aloetalk.com/viewforum.ph...22219f59249aee or do a search on Aloe Vera..

This is a forum that you can check out and read up on Aloe Vera. I grow and use it myself for all kinds of skin problems from rashes, pimples, to burns and other irritations from poisonous plants, etc. This plant grows on the roadsides in California, but the best comes from FuertoVentura, where I got my last three plants from. As long as the plant is used by just peeling off the green hard ourter part of the leaves, you can eat the clear meat, use it to rub on skin and press for juice - some use a little orange juice to mix with it as it is a little bitter. At any rate, you can eat it, drink it, and use it topically. This has natural enzymes and has never failed me. You might want to try and find a site on how to take care of it and 'harvest, as it does not need much water (misted spray lightly once a month), only light. And instead of bright green, the outer leaves when ripe are a brownish color after the plant is done blooming first.
    So, if all the other things you tried have failed you, this certainly cannot hurt. There are so many articles, and of course adverts to sell that you should try and find a site with straight information only.
    The only thing I would not advise is to get creams with other addatives as this reduces the power of the actual ingredients. The nice thing about this is that you can grow it at home (does not need heat, just a lot of light) and use it for many things - the best first aid plant in the world. Also check with your local dermatologist. I'm sure you are sick and tired of using all those strong astringents and burning acids, your skin will need a while for it to heal and get rid of most of the scar-tissue. Hope this works for you, keep us posted.

Oct 30, 2005, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    http://www.aloetalk.com/viewforum.ph...22219f59249aee or do a search on Aloe Vera..

This is a forum that you can check out and read up on Aloe Vera. I grow and use it myself for all kinds of skin problems from rashes, pimples, to burns and other irritations from poisonous plants, etc. This plant grows on the roadsides in California, but the best comes from FuertoVentura, where I got my last three plants from. As long as the plant is used by just peeling off the green hard ourter part of the leaves, you can eat the clear meat, use it to rub on skin and press for juice - some use a little orange juice to mix with it as it is a litttle bitter. At any rate, you can eat it, drink it, and use it topically. This has natural enzymes and has never failed me. You might want to try and find a site on how to take care of it and 'harvest, as it does not need much water (misted spray lightly once a month), only light. And instead of bright green, the outer leaves when ripe are a brownish color after the plant is done blooming first.
    So, if all the other things you tried have failed you, this certainly cannot hurt. There are so many articles, and of course adverts to sell that you should try and find a site with straight information only.
    The only thing I would not advise is to get creams with other addatives as this reduces the power of the actual ingredients. The nice thing about this is that you can grow it at home (does not need heat, just a lot of light) and use it for many things - the best first aid plant in the world. Also check with your local dermatologist. I'm sure you are sick and tired of using all those strong astringents and burning acids, your skin will need a while for it to heal and get rid of most of the scar-tissue. Hope this works for you, keep us posted.

Tried that before... didn't seem to work. It got worse a couple of times. I stopped trying to treat any breakout with aloe vera ever since that time...

Dec 17, 2005, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jufra
    you could try a solution of tea tree oil in warm water. The essential essence of tea tree is the same as the vital ingredient of manuka honey - you may find a good result from it. Have you overhauled your diet? That may be a good place to start. And, strangely, so is keeping your teeth and gums healthy! The body is a strange thing - you never know what reactions it will make. Good luck!

Oh I tried the tea tree oil thing. I had the facial scrub, the stick, etc. NOTHING worked. In fact it got worse. Well it was okay when I first used it, but when my skin got used to it. It went from few breakouts to a LOT. I'm on glutathione now, and NO breakout since then

Dec 17, 2005, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate
    Well its hardly a miracle cure, but toothpaste works. It may sound wierd, but dab a little on the end of a cotton bud and gently rub on problem areas. Toothpaste acts as a drying agent and can reduce spot size quite significantly. Do be carefull just to get it on the spot as it really dries your skin. Make sure you have moisturiser to hand!

Well, it works for me :o

This DOES NOT work for everyone
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Dec 18, 2005, 06:01 AM
    I don't know if this would help but every time I do have a pimple(I get one or two every 3 weeks or so), I get a cottonball & drench it with a toner or astringent & put it on top of the pimple until the cotton ball dries out. It also dries out the pimple. Then for the scar or discoloration which sometimes occur with pimples, I put some pearl cream on top of the discoloration every night until it even outs with my other skin.

Dec 18, 2005, 08:27 AM
    How long have you been taking glutathione now dimples? You still get breakouts as much?

I've been taking it for 8 months. But the 1st 2 months, I only took a dose of 250mg. Didn't really know about higher doses before I bought that. I started taking that for my heart, I have an inborn heart disease. And since then, I don't have severe attacks. It's mild now, very mild. I switched to Dr James for my 3rd month, I think I took it sometimes once a day and sometimes twice a day, then I started to take Vitamins USA. Didn't really like it, so I switched to Active White, I'm still with it so far. No complains. I get good effects that I didn't really think would be with glutathione. My skin's smoother, softer and I don't get breakouts. I would get a breakout if I didn't get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday. Ans after 2-3 months of being with glutathione (Dr James), none =) Pretty happy about that

Dec 18, 2005, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacki1982
    How long have you been taking glutathione now dimples? You still get breakouts as much?

I've been taking it for 8 months. But the 1st 2 months, I only took a dose of 250mg. Didn't really know about higher doses before I bought that. I started taking that for my heart, I have an inborn heart disease. And since then, I don't have severe attacks. it's mild now, very mild. I switched to Dr James for my 3rd month, I think I took it sometimes once a day and sometimes twice a day, then I started to take Vitamins USA. Didn't really like it, so I switched to Active White, I'm still with it so far. No complains. I get good effects that I didn't really think would be with glutathione. My skin's smoother, softer and I don't get breakouts. I would get a breakout if I didn't get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday. Ans after 2-3 months of being with glutathione (Dr James), none =) Pretty happy about that
    I am already on my 4th month. So far, my skin has been clearer than before. Especially on elbows & knees which are usual problem spots. I did have a breakout about 2 weeks ago even with the glutathione & so I used an astringent on it & it disappeared in 2 days. I think glutathione no matter what brand would be ggod but you really have to up the dose to get the results you want.

Dec 19, 2005, 12:37 AM
    Actually, I take it same time. Pretty much the same. Just a different brand. It also depends on the person too, right? I mean some people prefer vitamins usa more than dr james, etc

Dec 19, 2005, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacki1982
    Actually, I take it same time. Pretty much the same. Just a different brand. It also depends on the person too, right? I mean some people prefer vitamins usa more than dr james, etc
    I think so. I think glutathione is a good skin care pill no matter what brand you use. But of course, get the genuine ones!:p

Dec 20, 2005, 09:20 AM
    Oh yeah, definitely has to be the real ones. The fake ones could really hurt you or kill you... and for what? To save some money? Hmm... not worth all that ey
    charité Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 05:44 AM
    I have clear skin even without taking glutathione. I think that using antioxidants will help, antioxidants such as vitaminc c and e.

If your face is acne prone, they you should take pills such as diane35 or roaccutane prescribed by a dermatologist.

You should also be religiously using skin care products that will suit your skin type. I've been using my beauty products ever since I can remember, and I always get compliments with my skin. Always.

Proactiv and Obagi seems like another good choice aside from the one I'm using, that is if you have smackeroos to spare
    white_bod Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 06:25 AM
    what product are you using then? care to share it with us?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 10:33 AM
    To white_bod
    Quote Originally Posted by white_bod
    what product are you using then? care to share it with us?
    Just in case you missed these meds mentioned, here they are again.
    Since each of us differ and skin problems should be pinpointed by a doctor - please see one before using something that might not be the right one for you.

I have clear skin even without taking glutathione. I think that using antioxidants will help, antioxidants such as vitaminc c and e.

If your face is acne prone, they you should take pills such as diane35 or roaccutane prescribed by a dermatologist
    P.S. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pimples [ 15 Answers ]

Tell me best way to get rid of pimples and acnes

Pimples [ 2 Answers ]

I just have a question about my face skin Because of my pimples I got lots of marks and I still have that pimples and it so hard to do shave. I tried ecerything to clear it but it didn't work I want to clear my skin means my pimples and that marks. How can I do it??

Pimples? [ 2 Answers ]

I have red bumps on my penis. I have had them for a couple of years now... even before my first sexual experience so I'm pretty sure its not an std. I think they are just pimples from the look of them. There's different sizes and pop just like zits do. I was just wondering if there is any way to...

View more questions Search