Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angeleyed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Red, puss-filled bumps on scalp
    Last week, I noticed that the back of my neck felt a little soar whenever I stretched it too much and the sides of my head kind of hurt too. Then, 2 days ago, I took a good look at my scalp (right above my temple on the right side of my head) and I saw little red bumps with puss-filled bumps. It was in a patch. There are some on the left side of my head and in the back. The bumps are itchy and slightly sore to touch.

I thought it might have been hives so I started taking Benadryl yesterday, but I can't really tell if the bumps are going awawy. I think that I might have had a reaction to a new Shampoo I used. Also, I noticed that the bumps are most predominant where I lay my head on the pillow when I sleep. So, I'm washing my sheets in hot water. Still, I've been reading that hives don't usually last for more than a day and I haven't found any pictures of hives that look like the bumps that I have, I told my mom that if they don't start going away by tomorrow, I want to see the doctor.

Does anyone know what it could and/or of any ointments of some kind that could make it go away?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 02:26 PM
    I'm sorry Angel, but I believe you may have to see your doctor.

I know chickenpox has been going around rampantly this year. If you have never had chickenpox, this may be what it is.
    Angeleyed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Thanks for your reply! :)

I've had the chicken pox before. I guess it could be shingles. But, again, the bumps don't look like shingles that I've seen in pictures.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Dec 29, 2006, 12:33 AM
    It could just be to greasey of hair causing acne to break out.
    But go to the doc to be on the safe side.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Shingles are usually around the torso nad not on the head.

Mybe you should see your doc to find out what it is for sure.
    shorty777 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2007, 07:29 PM
    I agree with educatedhorse_2005 I think that it is just acne but I think that you should still see a doctor
    lolls Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 18, 2009, 12:19 AM

I just got a bad allergic reaction to a black hair dye. It started with a lump on the back of my head behind my ear and under the skin on the back of my neck my neck under my hair. Then my scalp went crazy and I had to go to the dermatologist for a cortizone shot.

The Doctor said it can take up to 7 days for your body to react to a new allergy.

Do you have an itchy scalp? Is your scalp wet like an open wound? Do you have lumps under your skin on the back of your had and neck?

If so go buy a Peppermint Oil based leave in conditioner and leave it on your hair after you shower. It will help you make it through the night without itching. You can leave it in during the day to if you wear a head wrap or bandana.

And call a dermatologist to get a shot. My reaction took over a week in a half to develop so catch it before it gets worse.
    EmilyRose96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 07:51 AM
    Okay sounds to me A lot like a bot fly infestation. A botfly is a large fly that lays
    Eggs in PEOPLE yeah ussually in the head when those eggs hatch the lavea or
    Little maggots will burrow into the scalp and feed on you.. Ewww, but there is a ways
    To get rid of them!! Just cover up the breathing hole and they will die. Contact a docter
    He will give you more information. But don't let me get you paranoid I am only 14 after all
    The other comment could possible be more correct than my theory but hey, mabey get it
    Checked out just in case. Hope you figure it out!

Emily Rose
    coleyru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 12:26 PM
    SOmebOdu PLZZZZZZZZZ helP me . I recentLy got a perm and a rinse (black dye) and now I have these pus filled bumps all over my head. They itch so bad but if you scratch them, they begin to burn. I tried washing it and the pus began oozing out. Now when I sleep, I have a horrible time . When I wake up, my pillow is sOaking wet with pus. What the hell is going on & what should I do . Please AnybOdy help me
    ccktaj Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Sounds like you have shingles, if they itch like crazy and burn like fire you have shingles, I get them on the right side of my neck about twice a year!
    vikkyrussell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Shingles are NOT "all over", they come in forms of "a layer on your skin". They basically come in lines or a small patch. You get Shingles from being around someone who has the Chickenpox.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little Puss Filled Bumps All Around Penis [ 8 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and am not sexually active. I have little white puss filled bumps around my penis. They aren't near the top or around the head but only on the bottom. They aren't itchy but they bother me. They've been there for a couple of months and I tried to pop a few and they just seem to...

Boils & Weird red bump on my scalp [ 51 Answers ]

Yesterday I noticed a painful red bump behind my knee. Then I noticed another one on my back this afternoon in school. And when I got home I was feeling my scalp and noticed a weird bump on my head. My dad looked at it and said it was weird and dark red. Is it something that I should worry about?

Red bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I just noticed some red bumps on the entrance to my vagina. They don't hurt but are sensitive to the touch. It doesn't sting what so ever when I pee either. It doesn't seen to fit any of the symptoms for any std that I looked up. It is uncomfortable at the beginning of sex but that goes away after...

Red bumps... [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the doctor and he told me am fine and there is no any diseases in ma blood I didn't ask to doctor actually what these red bumps are because he was kind of being busy at that time but am still worrying about herpes... am confuse that herpes are shown in our blood or not while having a...

Small red bumps [ 2 Answers ]

About a week ago I started noticing small red bumps on both sides of my torso. They did not itch very much but they hurt like a bruise. Yes I have recently moved and yes I've washed all my bedding. I have not changed detergents or soap. I'm now noticing the bumps on other parts of my body. There...

View more questions Search