Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markajam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 06:16 PM
    How can a New York state inmate get transfer to another state prison
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 06:46 PM

The can make a request to the State Department of Corrections, with the reason for such request.

They will have to meet the security level requirements of the other prison also.
    markajam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Thank you Chuck for you prompt response can you suggest a good format to follow when writing request
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 07:09 PM

Not really, since they seldom do it, Is it a issue of being able to visit. Does the other prison have programs that the other does not.

Remember they will look at the inmate classification, his race, his gang membership if any, the types of crimes he did and more. Often sexual preditors may be housed more in one prison than another. But they have to try and keep housing balanced by gangs, by race, and other issues, of security.

Also even job skills, a prison needing a good inmate barber or inmate plumber may deal with another prison to get one transferred to them
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by markajam View Post
    Thank you Chuck for you prompt response can you suggest a good format to follow when writting request
    Hello m:

Prisoners already HAVE at their disposal, "request" forms... It's THIS form that he uses to start the process. It's a fill in the blanks, kind of deal.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any advice for a federal inmate requesting a transfer to a prison nearer to home? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any advice you might have for a fed inmate who is considering making a request for transfer to a prison nearer to home? Are there any particular factors or points that an inmate's case worker is going to look for when considering an inmate's request for transfer? In their transfer request...

Juvenile probation transfer from state to state [ 10 Answers ]

My mother would like me to take custody of my 13 year old brother who is in dss custody and on juvenile probation how do we accomplish this? He is in New York I live in Pennsylvania both my mother and I agree to this decision but want to do this the right way

Does a DUI transfer from state to state? [ 4 Answers ]

I pleaded guilty to a DUI in Pennsylvania in April of 2008. So my Driver License is suppended until Apirl of 2009. I recently moved to FLorida and I was woundering if I could get a drivers license there?

Probation transfer from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants to transfer his probation from mass to California. What are the procedures to do so and are tranfers easy to obtain?

Probation transfer from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had a case in the state of New Jersey in which he received probation. He also had a probation in NYC because of a previous case. Because he lives in New York he transferred his NJ probation to NY. Apparently this transfer never happened because he received a letter in July stating that...

View more questions Search