Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Dec 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Car hit by garbage truck, now being ignored
    A garbage truck hit my car in October.. I know bad luck with me and cars.. the waste management manager came out and looked at my car and said his truck didn't hit it, my neighbor saw, and I took pictures when the truck came by one day and stopped right by my car. I have left many messages and emails and he has not responded... what options do I have besides getting a lawyer to get this taken care of.. any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 28, 2006, 12:39 PM
    If your car is insured, shouldn't your insurance company handle it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsbooty
    what options do i have besides getting a lawyer to get this taken care of.. any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Hello stars:

There are no options in between being a nice guy, and not being a nice guy. You tried the nice guy route - now go kick some Waste Management butt.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Ok, first happened in OCT and now first now you are asking what to do.

1. if you have full coverage turn it over to your insurance company and get it fixed and let them deal with the trash company.

2. if the damage is under the small claims court limit, sue them in small claims court ( no attorneys) get our neighbor who saw it happen come in and testify. Have exact estimates for the repair

3. If serious damage over the small claims court limit, hire an attorney and sue them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garbage Disposal [ 1 Answers ]

Disposal is working but water is backed up and won't go down.

Garbage disposal [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had a problem running my garbage disposal before until I replaced it with a bigger and better one. Now my disposal backs up, and when I run the disposal, it backs up into the adjoining sink! Please help! Hi Mom, Sounds like you have a clog in the lateral, (horizontal ) pipe in...

Garbage disposal [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to clean the garbage disposal? Sometimes I put in a lemon but it really doesn't seem to work well enough. Any products for eating away the gunk?

Garbage disposal [ 5 Answers ]

I had a garbage disposal installed in my kitchen by a plumber. Sometime when we put garbage in and turn it on it shoots out the other drain and comes up into the other sink basin. My guess is that too much garbage is being put inthere at one time and shoots it across. Also, the instructions say to...

What a garbage [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I bought a piece of sh** system from Lighting Universe online store and my w hole transformer burned down along with part of my ceiling. Does anyone have any recommendations for what system to get?

View more questions Search