Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasonc126 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2010, 11:10 AM
    Is hydroquinone safe to use?
    Is hydroquinone safe to use? Has anybody here used in long term? Can you it cause cancer or other medical conditions?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 19, 2010, 06:24 AM
    There has not been one documented case of Hydroquinone causing cancer in anyone.
    It's pretty safe and it varies on how long it can be used, I've read from 6 to 8 weeks all the way to a year of continuous use, make sure you incorporate daily use of sunblock in your skincare.

Sep 19, 2010, 12:30 PM
    Did you mean to say "there hasn't been" one documented case?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonc126 View Post
    Did you mean to say "there hasn't been" one documented case?
    Yes, thanks:) I have corrected my answer.
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Sep 23, 2010, 05:53 AM
    Hydroquinone is safe to use. I know people who have used hydroquinone for years without any ill effects not to mention it works!

Oct 5, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Anybody else have any opinions on this topic?
    josiah111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 04:32 AM
    Hydroquinone is a topical agent for reducing skin pigmentation. Hydroquinone was banned in January 2001 in cosmetics because of the potential damage it can do to the skin in terms of irritating the skin and creating white areas where no pigment can be made or in some cases turning the skin black. Recent studies have shown the potential of hydroquinone to cause cancer.
    Hydroquinone has been shown to cause blood cancers such as Leukemia and Kidney damage in animal studies. When applied to the skin it is absorbed into the blood stream and excreted via the kidneys but at a slower rate. This tells us that hydroquinone accumulates in the body. It is broken down in the bone marrow to p-benzoquinone and this is where long term damage may originate.

Oct 11, 2010, 10:43 AM
    Yes but has anybody ever experienced any ill effects from long term use of hydroquinone?
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Oct 15, 2010, 08:34 AM

I can only tell my experience... I have used HQ 4% for 4 years and I had no side effects. No skin darkening. No skin thinning.

I don't have cancer either lol I think its only dangerous if you use really high concentrations like 10%

Oct 15, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Thanks Mysunshine!
    indiangriffon Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Sun shine, how is the skin whitening with hq4 , is it effective? And what was your original and current tone, does work on privet areas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liposuction,safe or not safe in my country? [ 1 Answers ]

hello everyone, my name is queen, I'm 25yrs old,and I'm a nigerian. I'm considering a lipo and I'm a little apprehensive about it. Its going to be for my arms and tommy. There's a popular beautician in my country(modupe ozolua),she flies in surgeons from America to perform various surgeries. I...

T safe Coil and thrush? T safe problems? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:I had c t safe coil fitted back in may. I have had thrush since, anyone evr had thise from the tsafe?? Please let me know of any other problems you have had with this device?? :confused:

Is hydroquinone safe! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking about buying Dr. Fred summits tone and bleach cream.I've heard it works really well and it's inexpensive.Have you tried it or know someone that has um I don't want to try it then get skin cancer:eek: ,but I read that its safe if used 2% to 4% is used is this true? And will it...

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

View more questions Search