Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bleetriplett Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 05:21 AM
    Child Support Arizona
    Ex is choosing to leave the Air Force. I know the courts cannot use the GI bill as income for determining support, however since the ex has 'chosen' to leave the Military, can the court use this 'previous' earning 'ability' to determine the amount of support he should pay? We are in the state of Arizona. Thank you!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 06:17 AM

Its possible but its up to how the state presents their case. The problem being that the military is a unique form of employment.

Sep 21, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Thank you!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 05:30 PM

If there is not a current support order normally it will be based on current earnings, plus if an order is in place, and their income goes down, they can motion the court to reduce that amount

Oct 2, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks for the info.. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

I have a California & an Arizona LLC doing business exclusively in Arizona. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a California & an Arizona LLC doing business exclusively in Arizona. Must we pay both CA & AZ LLC taxes?

View more questions Search