Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollywooddippa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Whirlpool LSR9434PQ0 start cycle just hums but spin cycle it works perfectly
    My Whirlpool washer model# LSR9434PQ0 will just hum when you try and start a wash cycle. If you rotate the timer to a spin cycle, it will work fine. I've looked at all of the wire harnesses and connections and there is no sign of a surge burn or a short. Any help would be great. I'm in the military, so I really don't have the money to buy another one. John
    hollywooddippa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 11:06 PM
    I figured it out. It was the Water Inlet Valve (WIV). I pulled it off and noticed a bit of calcium build up in the screen so I figured it might have worked it's way to the solenoid or something. I rapped on the metal band that secures it to see if I could unlodge any debris. Kind of the same way you rap on a starter solenoid on a car when it won't start. Apparently it worked because she's running fine now. We pretty much only use cold water so one way for you to troubleshoot it is if the same thing happens to your machine cycle it to hot and see if starts to fill up. If it fills up in the hot setting but not the cold setting, your problem is your Water Inlet Valve (WIV). Which is the two inlet plastic part your hoses hook up to. Each inlet has a separate solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer, agitator works, but during the spin cycle it doesn't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer, I replaced the outer tub and the drive block, but it now doesn't spin. It drains the water, I can hear the motor come on, and feel the vibration . The switch is fine. I looked at the couple, but did not take it apart. The clutch looked fine, sanded the pads and case....

Whirlpool out of balance in spin cycle [ 5 Answers ]

My whirlpool washing machine goes out of balance every time it goes into the spin cycle. It's a mdl. LSR 5232LQ1 Any ideas

Whirlpool no spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool top loader direct drive washing machine. It fills and agitates on the wash cycle normally but will not spin or empty the water. Have been manually running the wash rinse cycles and using gravity drain, but am sick of thios. Any thoughts? Teh lid switch is on the right hand side...

Washing machine only works in spin cycle [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old Kenmore 80 Washer and nothing works, but the spin-cycle. Many posts say that it's the Water inlet valve, but I don't want to spend $30-$40 to change it if it's not the right part. If it's the Water inlet valve, I figured if I filled the washer up with water the washing machine...

Whirlpool Gold gsq9364hqo doesn't always spin on the spin cycle. [ 2 Answers ]

Whirlpool Gold gsq9364hqo doesn't always spin on the spin cycle. The motor runs but the basket doesn't spin. If I lift the lid the motor stops, then something (clutch or pawl?) catches and if I put the lid back down than it starts spinning correctly every time. Any ideas?

View more questions Search