Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camdenc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 07:30 PM
    My dell dimension e310 won't boot
    I recently took my computer completely apart down to the bare bone so I could paint the case... I put it back together (yes I know what I'm doing, and yes I put it together right), started it up and it won't boot anything, you can hear the hard drive, and the front 1 2 3 4 lights come on. But nothing comes up on the screen. Help me please!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2010, 09:22 AM

Did you remove the memory, make sure memory is seated properly or remove and reseat

Did you remove wires that connect to the system board and then put back, it is possible that one of those may have been put in backwards which will short the boot process as 1 pin is positive and one is negative - make sure all the wires have Pin 1 next to the #1 on the board or the same direction as pin 1

Reseat your video card if it is not an on board video card

Take any component you may have removed and remove and reseat and make sure all pins connected to the board are in in the right direction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Dimension E510 issue [ 1 Answers ]

Well they started as Dell Dimension E510's. I told my husband if we upgraded anything else all we'll have left is the Dell casings. We have 2 Dell Dimension E510's that we've upgraded over the course of the past 4-5 years. Don't know if it's significant to the problem or not but both have...

Dell Dimension 340 [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking at buying this used PC tower cheap for my wife to do email and a bit of web browsing. Been trying to look up the year this model was built but can find it anywhere. Can someone tell me where to find this information? Would be nice to have a full spec sheet on it as well. Couldn't...

Accessing uP Fan on Dell Dimension 8100 PC [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace a noisy uP Fan on a Dell Dimension 8100 PC. It is mounted on the back panel, no problem. But it is covered by a large green air guide (vent pipe?) that curves 90 degrees from the back panel fan, to the motherboard. I have looked and looked, and cannot see a way to remove...

Formatting a DELL Dimension B110 [ 2 Answers ]

I want to format my dell dimension b110 but I do not have the CD to do so. Is there any other way to format my computer without the CD?

Dell inspiron1501 won't boot up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dell inspiron 1501. One min it was working fine then I got a white screen. I shut it off and tried to restart it. I can hear the fan and see the power light and the activity light on the cd rom blinking, but I get nothing on the screen... any suggestions

View more questions Search