Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dunnelli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Transferring room temperature wine to wine fridge
    Is there a proper procedure for transferring wine that has been stored at room temperature to a wine fridge? Does it need to be a step by step process in lowering the temp. of the wine till it reaches the optimum storage temperature?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 05:28 PM

So long as the temprature difference isn't major you should be OK. Also what type of wine is it is and how long do you plan on storing it?
    dunnelli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 10:33 AM

Thank you Califdadof3!. The wine is mostly red and has been stored at about 65-70 degrees. I plan on keeping the wine anywhere between a couple of months and a couple of years. depending on the vintage.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dunnelli View Post
    Thank you Califdadof3!!.......The wine is mostly red and has been stored at about 65-70 degrees. I plan on keeping the wine anywhere between a couple of months and a couple of years., depending on the vintage.
    Be sure to keep turning them every once in awhile. Also depending on the wine because "red" covers so much you need to keep your eyes on any sediment development.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Redistribution/re-sale of wine or fortified wine [ 4 Answers ]

If I wanted to charge a fee for private wine tastings in people's home (people of legal drinking age) in the state of Texas and Louisiana, (a) do I need a special license or permit to charge a fee for the wine tasting? And (b) if I want to sell them contingency bottles of wine (1 of each type of...

How long will Red Wine keep unopened in the Fridge? [ 0 Answers ]

Have an unopened bottle of red wine that has been in my fridge for 4-5years. Is it safe to assume it is probably bad? I am not a wine expert by no stretch of the imagination. So, do you think it would be good or bad?

Red wine storage temperature [ 1 Answers ]

What is the optimum temperature for storing red wine

To Wine Or Not [ 1 Answers ]

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't: As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at...

View more questions Search