Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Cabin low??
    Hello all,

I'm working on a music video for a song by Bob Gibson called ski patrol and came across something that I didn't quite understand.
    The words are talking about different mascots/patron saints it says, "and Boston has it's cabin low."
    What or who is a Cabin Low??

Thanks All!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 05:56 PM

Only thing I could find with any sort of reference to wording like that would be a Boston whaler boat and cabin low refers to the top being down on it.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 09:08 PM

Mmm that might explain all the boats I found when I searched it.
    Thanks a million!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 11:38 AM

I suspect that the lyric is not "cabin low" but rather "Cabot and Lowell," which were two prominent families in Boston, as in Henry Cabot Lodge.Remember that this is 1950's era trivia. See: Boston Brahmin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's low budget horror film about a ghost in a cabin in the woods. [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for an 80's low budget horror film about a ghost in a cabin in the woods. In the end we find out the ghost is a little girl who lived there and was murdered. She is buried under the floorboards or in the fireplace with her teddy bear (we see her skeleton). It has a guy in it that...

Friends fantastic cabin [ 1509 Answers ]

Well, you guessed it, we wrecked the hotel, got kicked out. I don't know why the Sprinkler system went off, and I really don't know how all the towels and bathrobes Went missing. M was nice enough to find us a new place to stay. So welcome to the cabin in the Woods. It's a bit creaky in...

Winterizing cabin [ 5 Answers ]

Very old outbuilding with inground water shutoff. When we open taps and turn handle of rod in pipe sticking out of the ground, water shoots out of an pipe in ground next to it and runs for so long we shut it off. Did we just not wait long enough for all water to drain or is water not shut off.

Maytag side-by-side refrigerator low cabin cold upper cabin warm [ 1 Answers ]

I have a maytag side-by-side refrigerator. I noticed that in the refrigerator section the low part ( where there is an air duct opening to the freezer). However, the upper part is warm. I have tried changing the temperature control it doesn't seem to be helping. Apparently the freezer is...

View more questions Search