Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shantell1979 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Taking Clomid, waiting for a period.
    I just finished my first cycle of clomid for infertility. My period is usually every 25 days average. I was told to start the clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Today is day 27 and I have no period. I took a HPT but it came up negative. A week before I was very crampy and bloated. Could it be that I might me pregnant. And it just does not show up on the HPT or will my period be late because I strted the clomid on day 5 instead of day 3 of my cycle? My period has never been more than 26 days apart with 24 days being the shortest. If any one can help me answer my question? Thanks.:confused:
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Dec 30, 2006, 07:19 AM
    From what I know about Clomid, there are plenty of side effects and it does mess around with your system but I also know that it does improve fertility. The last person I know who took it became extremely bloated and it turned out that she was pregnant but the doctors did not realize this until clomid was out of her system and the ultrasound was able to see her uterus more clearly. I'm not saying that you may be pregnant or that you are not, I'm just saying that you should expect the unusual when taking clomid because it does have strange side effects. Another suggestion would be to drink plenty of water as it can leave you dehydrated.
    Hope this helps, if not give it a few more days and then contact your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clomid, Ovulation and Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I have PCOS. My doctor started me on Clomid. I took one round of clomid 50mg. My Doctor then brought me on day 12 to look at my ovaries to see if I produced follicles. I did- so he advised me to go home and do Ovulation test for 3 days. One in the morning and one in the evening. I did them...

Taking a break [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everyone just to let you know, so you don't wonder where I've gone, I'm taking a few days' break from the site. I injured my back and I am having trouble sitting for long periods. I was on for a little while yesterday and also today, but I'm even finding typing difficult after a few minutes. I...

I am inventor new car engine- IDOLMOTOR. I am waiting for your comments [ 10 Answers ]

You can see basically IDOLMOTOR OFFICAL WEB SITE I am waiting for your comments about new engine Thanks

Waiting to be a bride [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with iain for 4 years now... 4 of them he was married for... we finally finalized the divorce... how long should I give him to make a commitment to me... should I wait and give him a breather, or expect a band.

Taking taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me why they take you tax refund on a chapter 7 bankruptcy

View more questions Search