Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirstyns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Can a salaried worker be paid for overtime hours
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 12:25 PM

A salary worker is paid a certain amount. They can work 70 hours in a week and get the same amount of money for working a 40 hour week. It is all based on a 40 hour work week. Anything over is free time.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 04:46 PM

Depends. My father was on salary up to xx hours. Anything after that he was paid - but not overtime. They divided his salary against the amount of hours the salary went to, to determine an hourly 'wage', of which then he was paid for extra hours.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 06:41 PM

Salary is just that, pay for working any hours they company wants them to work, A company can of course pay salary people extra money if they wish, but at this point it clouds up them being salary

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary worker docked for missed time, but not paid overtime [ 5 Answers ]

We just had a corporate company take over the dental office I work for. I was given the position of manager with a salary. They gave me an hourly wage increase to adjust for the overtime and bonus we were losing. I have over 30 hours of overtime not paid in the past 4 weeks. When I took 2 days...

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

Can a company pay overtime to a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

Worked over 40 hours in one week and was asked to work Saturday's for 8 hours each. Was told to keep track of my hours. 28 hours worked on numerous Saturdays and turned in my hours and now learned that they are only going to pay me half. Is this legal??

Calculating Overtime Rate for Salaried Employees [ 10 Answers ]

How is overtime rate calculated for a salaried employee who is paid monthly?

View more questions Search