Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 09:22 AM
    Different Death Penalties
    How many different Death Penalties are there?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Hello Captain:

Only one. After that, you're dead...

Bwa, ha ha ha. Sorry. You opened yourself up to that one.

So, what is it you want to know? How many US states have the death penalty?? I don't know. I'm going to say 49 + the feds.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Or do you mean injection vs gas, etc. And which country are you referring to?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Hello again, Captain:

Ohh, is that what you want to know? Ok.

There's the gas chamber. There's being shot in the back of the head in Iran. There's losing a hand and bleeding to death in Saudi Arabia. There's stoning in India. There's hanging in Utah. There's being raped by your cellmate Bubba, in California (ok, I made that one up). There's the needle, but that's fallen into disrepute. Oh yeah. There's being tortured to death in Gitmo. There's the electric chair in South Carolina. There's a firing squad in some state, or other.

And, the other bad thing about the death penalty is we make those people serve an ordinary life sentence, and THEN we kill 'em.

excon
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    So, what is it you want to know? How many US states have the death penalty??? I dunno. I'm gonna say 49 + the feds.
    excon,

It is only 38 states + the feds + military

According to Capital punishment in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I was talking about all countries, and all states, nothing in particular.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Brown
    I was talking about all countries, and all states, nothing in particular.
    Well, Canada doesn't have the death penalty, except in the military, and then, only for treason.

But if you were looking for the different ways to execute people around the world, excon gave you many good examples in post #4.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

QDRO and penalties [ 2 Answers ]

My husband wants a divorce. He will need to QDRO part of his 401K to me to buy me out of our house. I will need that money to get my own place. Who has to pay the early withdrawal penalties; him or me? He says there is no penalty involved for either side. Is this true? Barbara

401k penalties [ 2 Answers ]

I just lost my job after 32 years... what is the best way to handle my 401k without losing everything to taxes/penalties... I will need to withdraw some money to pay off some debt... answer needed asap thanks

401K Early Withdrawal Penalties? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I have a question about early withdrawal of my 401k due to changing employers. I am fully vested at my current company. I took a loan out from my 401k probably 6-8 months ago for personal reasons (not mortgage, etc.). Here are the details for that: I took out a loan of $2,868.01 and...

Abatement - late filed - interest and penalties [ 1 Answers ]

I have a client; fellow in his late 50’s, sells real estate, fairly high income earner, Canadian, lived in Canada until 2001 then in March 2001 moved to Las Vegas to work for a real estate developer. Has subsequently bounced back & forth between the US and Canada and is currently working in...

Penalties and interests [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway to know from IRS directly how much money you own in interests and penalties for overdue taxes right away without waiting to get a bill in the mail ? I know that there are software that will allow you to calculate estimated penalities and interests but I am talking to know the...

View more questions Search