Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruisinby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Executor of my fathers estate won't answer email questions regarding the estate Help
    The executor of the estate will not return my email questions regarding the estate. Can I contact an attorney? I have sent 5 emails requesting information regarding the timeshare I am suppose to get. I told her if it was appraised too high I did not want. That was 4 months ago. Now she just ignores my questions. I had to even threaten to get attorney because she refused to send me copies of the will. Help
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:08 AM

Send your "emails" by Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested and you'll get an answer. Emails generally get ignored. Certified Mail does not get ignored.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2010, 07:35 AM

If the executor does not respond to written letters, then contact the probate court.
    cruisinby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 07:40 AM
    I don't even know where the probate court is
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinby View Post
    I don't even know where the probate court is
    As they say "Google is your friend."

What state and county did your father reside in when he died?

And, of course, it is quite possible that the P.R. (executor) never filed a petition to probate the will. Or, since you haven't seen the will, it is possible there is none.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executor/lawye of my mothers estate will not answer any questions from me [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died over about a year and a half ago-she had hired a lawyer as the executor to her estate-he has favored two sisters in this matter by answering any ?'s they have promptly and precisely-one is the trustee,the other purchased my mothers home--the other 2 sisters ,one of which is me and...

Executor of an estate [ 4 Answers ]

My wife is executor of an estate left to her by her father. My (wife) is looking a piece of property to buy she was told by the trustee that it had to be looked at and approved by him before the funds would be released. As executor doesn't she have the control to sign a purchase agreement which...

Executor of Estate and distribution [ 8 Answers ]

My father left me 90% of his Estate and his other sibling 10%. I am Executor of his trust as well as beneficiary on his bank accounts. The money he listed in his trust are not the same as his accounts. Is the other sibling only entitled to the amounts shown in his trust or by me being the...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Executor of estate/trust [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away recently. My mother has survived him but she is incapacitated. I am the executor of their estate/trust. It is a sizable estate and I would like to gift funds to my brothers and their families. My father appointed my mother as his power of attorney and never updated it. ...

View more questions Search