Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigRdawson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Disregard old question. How to shorten my resume?
    Hey! I'm a college junior, and I'm looking to shorten my resume' for the upcoming career fair. I have a link to the PDF file below. I edited out my last name and contact information. Can anyone give me help on fitting the info on one page but still being a good resume'?
    That being said, do you recommend squishing it into one page? I feel like if its 2 pages it should be 2 full pages, not one page and a little spillover...
    Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

-Pete

(The link is a .pdf file, because copy and paste ruined the format completely. You can see it's spilling to the second page by about 5 or 6 lines)

Link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=2246301&da=y
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 04:45 PM

First your link requires someone to register to even see what you are talking about... bad idea.

As a college student, I don't know how you can even make it go two pages. If you had 5 years or more work experience and a few jobs, maybe. Not a recent graduate. Nobody wants your life history on it, nobody cares about you high school sport accomplishments for example. Just the pertinant info that relates to a job, shows the education and what course of study, maybe any internships related to your career field.. maybe related volunteer work.

But first people need to see what you are talking about WITHOUT registering for a site... assuming this post isn't trying to do just that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2010, 04:50 PM

Resume means SUMMARY (not your life story). Its purpose is ONLY to get an interview. I can put your resume onto HALF of a page with lots of white space. That's all you need to tease a potential employer into an interview.

(I've been helping people with resumes and leading resume/interview/job hunting seminars since since 1985.)

Sep 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Ah, I swore I put it as public when I uploaded it. Should work now. Sorry.

Sep 16, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I know I know.. My problem is what to cut out or how to combine things.
    Not sure if you saw my resume or were giving general advice, but I believe I took it off the private setting so anyone can view it. Thank you though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to shorten your resume [ 13 Answers ]

How will you shorten your resume if it has 2-3 pages length. I want to better it into a shoter version. I really think all the stuff are necessary, I just happen to have done a lot in college. What is your suggestion? And does it really matter if my resume is that long? Thanks

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Question about resume. [ 1 Answers ]

I handed in my resume to an employer about 2 weeks ago and I didn't put what position I was applying for and he phoned me up saying that he wanted me to come in for an interview. But he didn't ask me what position I am applying for . Do you think he is going to ask me at the interview and try and...

View more questions Search