Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philbus Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2010, 12:02 PM
    $1 Silver Certificate value
    Last year on this site FBE stated that $1 silver certificates could be worth as much as $30 each. Is this still the case or has the value substantially dropped? I've had them appraised locally and the dealer offered me $4 each. I have 30 (with 16 & 14 in consecutive serial numbers) 1935G bills; 20 consecutive 1957 bills with star preceding serial number; 52 & 32 consecutive 1957 bills; and approximately 40 individual 1957, 1957A, & 1957B bills. All bills have no folds and no tares, I would say they are uncirculated.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 09:04 PM

PHILBUS- IM answering your post as best that I can , IF you read most of my posts you will see that I alsop say in my answers that you should not take coins or currency to a coin and currency shop or a pawn shop as they will give you bpart of the value on them ,also that you should offer them to a collector;; now if you would like I can give you the names of some collectors, LET ME KNOW:: Here's another susgestion- GO top your local (LIBrary) and have them to give you a book on{ united states currency} I use the OFFICIAL RED BOOK < SOMETIMES THE BLACK BOOK< AND STRAUSS:: LOOK UP your currency bills, and you will see that I give only true as close as possible ;; THANK YOU for your post, and telling me your thoughts; this helps me when I try to tell others that {NOT TO go to these places because of this happing ) one reason they do this is to make thir money on them also, SO in plain logic, YOU KNOW THAT THEY CAN NOT GIVE YOU THE ACTUALL WORTH HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS :; F.B. E.
    philbus Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Thanks FBE, I'll see if I can find the books you referenced. BTW, I called one shop and he suggested that I take the bills to the Long Beach Coin, Stamp &
    Collectible Show next week. Will this be worth the drive or will I be wasting my time? Thanks again for your help.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2010, 08:27 PM
    philbus-see your last post a bove :: F.b.e.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dollar silver certificate, silver coins [ 9 Answers ]

Can any one tell me to possible value of the following $5 silver certificate 1953 A * 26405592 A $5 silver certificate 1953 A E 32214086 A $2 United States Note 1963 red seal $2 Federal Reserve Note 1976 green seal $1 silver certificate 1957 blue seal $1 silver certificate 1957 A blue seal...

Silver certificate [ 21 Answers ]

I have a 1935 Silver Certificate and would like to know the value of it. Do you need information that is on the certificate?

Silver certificate [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a 1935 a series silver certificate worth?

$5 silver certificate [ 3 Answers ]

How do I completely identify silver certicates? I have a $5 1953B blue stamp silver certificate.

View more questions Search