Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 10:36 AM
    USS Dubuque
    I want to give a shout out to the sailors ,and Marines on this ship.

For months this LPD-8 Marine Transport was quarantined in San Diego because some of the crew had been exposed to swine flu. They had to cancel cruises to Australia and the South Sea Islands.

They finally got the OK to deploy ,and wasted no time .

On Sept . 9 Marines (from 15th Marine Expeditionary Force Camp Pendleton) aboard the Dubuque boarded and seized control of the German owned M/V Magellan Star that had been hijacked by Pirates in the Gulf of Aden .They secured the safety of the crew(who had locked themselves in a "safe room") and gained control of the ship within minutes of the boarding . No shots were fired .All the pirates captured.
    Local Marines, Sailors Capture Pirates | NBC San Diego
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 11:11 AM

I didn't know all that I saw we got the ship back. Our Men and Women are the best.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Outstanding work, gang. Way to go.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 16, 2010, 12:24 PM

What a Navy! :)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 16, 2010, 03:25 PM

Semper Fi!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 16, 2010, 05:56 PM

Its too bad they couldn't handle it the way the Russians did awhile back. I think it would cut down on this type of thing.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 16, 2010, 06:17 PM

As much as my Dad loved his Army, he had the deepest respect for the Marines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 50's early 60's movie about uss nereus [ 8 Answers ]

There was a movie on t.v. in the late 50's or early 60's about the navy ship USS Nereus. She was a submarine tender. The movie was something about firing a missile off the ship, as well as other aspects of life on the Nereus. Can anyone help?

I had a lump on my bottom and a lot pf uss came out of it and there's a black hole on [ 1 Answers ]

I had a lump on my bottom and a lot green puss came out of it and there's a black hole on that exact place and then I developed another lump right next to that place. I went to see the docotr and he told me that again its nothing to worry about but this time he gave me some antiobiotics...

CAS, USS Taxes not deducted [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am student on my OPT currently working with a firm in California. My employer did not deduct CA state tax and Fed tax. And when I contacted my employer the lady who works there said that I requested exemption for those tax deductions in the beginning of employment. The fact is I requested...

View more questions Search