Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monkeypuzzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 02:40 AM
    Smp refund journal
    Hello can you help me I know how to record wages in the account using a journal. However one of my employees has been on maternity therefore I am receiving smp funding plus 4.5% compensation from hmrc. How is this recorded in the accounts.

Thank you.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 03:00 AM

DEBIT Bank Account xxxx
    CREDIT Sundry Income - benefits received xxxx

Being smp funding plus 4.5% compensation from hmrc.

Note: At the end of the year
    This sundry income account can be transferred to the wages account.
    Reconcile all the wages account first with the statutory requirements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Politte Supply uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash receipts journal, a [ 5 Answers ]

Politte Supply uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash receipts journal, a cash disbursements Journal, and a general journal. The following transactions occur in the month of April. Apr. 3 Purchased merchandise for $2,750 on credit from Scott, Inc. terms 210, n30. 9 Issued check no....

Redmon Company uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash receipts journal, a [ 1 Answers ]

Redmon Company uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash receipts journal, a cash disbursements Journal, and a general journal. The following transactions occur in the month of June. June 1 Purchased $8,100 of merchandise on credit from Vick, Inc. terms n30. 8 Sold merchandise costing...

Sales Journal &Cash Recepits Journal [ 2 Answers ]

Record the following transactions in the Sales Journal and Cash Recepits Journals. The cost of all merchandise sold was 70% of the sales price. July 2 Sold Merchandise for 21,000 to B.Tate on account. Credit ter,s 2/10, n/30. Sales invoice No. 100 July 5 Received a check for $800...

General Journal versus Cash Payment Journal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ethical issue case I'm working on, but am stuck. I would like to know how would I determine which journal to use say for example, you go on a business trip to Australia and take your spouse along at company expense. Well that is unethical for sure, but you are best friends with the vice...

View more questions Search