Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eijneb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 11:57 PM
    My portable hard drive not detected by computer
    I bought a portable hard drive... I used just four months now... all of suddenly while I'm using it.. it stop then it cannot be detected by the PC... I tried it in many PC but nothing happened... please help I really need to access it bcoz I have some important file to get from it...
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 03:55 AM

eijneb, try unplugging the portable, turn off computer, then plug portable back in and then restart computer. Good luck
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 07:40 AM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

What OS

Sep 22, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

what OS
    I do have XP black edtion.. there is no problem I guess with my computer I guess.. because all other usb devices are working well... and treid to connect it to other computer still not working... please help me... tnx
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2010, 08:46 PM

So you have connected this drive to other computers and still not recognized on other PC's?

You have tried other ports and still not detecting?

Have you installed or changed any software or hardware since stopped working

Sep 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
    Comment on seahwk83's post
    Yes I tried it already and still nothing happened... as far as I remembered I haven't installed any software or hardware... coz I was just watching movie from my portable HD and it stopped but it has power... thats what happened...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External/Portable Hard Drive not detected by my PC [ 10 Answers ]

I have purchased a Verbatim Portable Hard Drive 120 GB (2.0 USB), it is not detected by my PC (Windows Vista, AVG Anti virus,firewall). The light of the hard drive is showing it is connected to PC, but on PC, I do not see it in My Computers. Somebody advised to make partition and format it. Please...

Portable hard drive does not get detected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have a 500 GB Transcend Portable HD.It was working until one day when I removed it without ejecting it from the PC .From then on , it does not get detected in any PC. Please let me know hoe this can be made proper.

SATA Hard drive NOT detected [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting this NO SIGNAL message on my monitor when I switch it on. I am suspecting the hard drive is not been detected due to connections between my monitor & or that there is a problem with the hard drive itself. But yet I can't locate exactly what's wrong. It's a SATA 80gb hard drive. ...

Hard drive is detected but not accessible [ 2 Answers ]

My hdd is getting detected as soon as I attach it to the laptop, I get a pop up that "there is a problem existing so ur device might nit work properly." can anyone help me out Regards, Abdul Majid.

USB Portable Hard Drive [ 4 Answers ]

I have an existing hard drive that was formatted to be a slave (without OS) and has data already on it. I removed the hard drive from the machine and plugged it into a USB Portable Hard Drive. My computer will not recognize that the external hard drive is present. I do not want to erase the data...

View more questions Search