Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baz1000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Split up
    My girlfriend and I slit up two months ago.
    Now I do still love her and I do mean that its not a crush or anything like that .
    Basally I covered up the truth about who I was in the past and what I used to do for a living I wanted for her to take me for who I am today she said she needed time and space to think she was confusted. Then she told me that she was still in love with a previous boyfriend from 6 years ago and she she still cares for me :mad: but she was angry about what I had done to her she come back for the uk tomorrow.
    What should I do??
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 03:38 AM
    First of all what truth did you cover up from the past from her?

As far as the past. To focus, to dwell on the past just brings more trouble.

Does it really matter what happened in the past, as long as you have changed for the better in the future, even if she has nothing to do with your future.

Her being in love with a previous boyfriend, well that should be notice for you to actually leave this girl in the past and move on to the future with somebody that will except your true self. What makes you, which quite honestly is the past and present. Everything that happens to us has an effect on who we are now.

Learning experience.

What should you do. Move on. Let her be with her boyfriend and let her go.

That is my personal advice, but it is your decision alone to do what you feel is right.

Joe
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 28, 2006, 04:31 AM
    This girl informed you that she has love for someone else, yet cares about you? You are entering the friend zone. Your past is an excuse.
    If you have learned from the experience, that is all that matters. But if your still doing what you used to do, you haven't learned. And this maybe another wake up call for change.
    Get out of the friend zone. Move on. Actions speak louder than words. Show her your worth and she may come around. If she really cares.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Why would you expect her to trust you after you have already lied to her about something she thinks is important to know about a mate? Move on and learn to tell the truth, even if its not pretty.
    richsaha2007 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Dec 28, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Since you covered up your true self, you have to realize that she is going to be upset with you. She has feelings for another guy and you still want to be with her? Just let decide. In he meantime, you continue living your life and meeting new people. Don't put your life on hold for someone who is unsure about you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search