Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackpalm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Calculate: Heating 235 g of water from 22.6 degrees C to 94.4 degrees C in a microwav
    I guess we must use c=lambda*frequency...
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 10:38 PM

Actually... no.

is used to find the frequency or wavelength of an electromagnetic wave if either the wavelength or the frequency is known.

Here, I guess that you are looking for the amount of heat that the water gains.

This is given by:

Q is the amount of heat in joules
    m is the mass of the substance
    c is the specific heat capacity of water (which you must be given)
    and theta is the change in temperature in Kelvin.

Can you work this out now? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Our hot tub stopped heating to proper temperature. It will only hit 88 degrees and wi [ 0 Answers ]

Our hot tub stopped heating to the proper temperature. The tub will get up to 88 degrees and then stop heating any further. We have a Crystal Waters Spa.

Will water pipes freeze if weather is 30 degrees outside [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is not working today, inside temp 60 degrees but outside to get down to 20 or 30 tonight. Will I have to worry about pipes freezing?? Can't fix furnace until tomorrow

Calculate the wavelengths in air at 20 degrees celsius for sounds at 20 hz [ 4 Answers ]

Calculate the wavelengths in air at 20 degrees celsius for sounds at 20 hz and 20000 hz

My home heating system cycles even at 65 degrees is this normal [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this. 1) I hear the system come on, then I hear the furnace fire up then the fan comes on after running for a few minutesit will all shut down, then repeat after about 5-6 minutes. The thermostat is set at 68 degrees is this normal?

Where does water boil at exactly 100 degrees [ 3 Answers ]

Where does water boil at exactly 100 degrees

View more questions Search