Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nettwgnr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
    Where do I send the papers
    When I'm done filling out the divorce papers where do I send them to, I'm doing this myself
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 06:41 PM

I have no idea what you mean - do you mean do you file them with the Court before you serve them on your spouse? Depends on the State.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 06:45 PM

For me, they were taken to the courthouse, ( had to have 4 copies) from their the copy to be served on the other person went to a process server and the court keep three copies. And I keep one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2010, 07:15 PM

Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws and procedures vary by area.

Do the papers give any instructions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I send my adult son a birthday gift when he usually doesn't send me one? [ 13 Answers ]

My son will be 26 in March. He has always been a good kid and is usually very thoughtful. The one thing that bothers me terribly is that he doesn't send me a birthday gift or card. He always remembers to call. He also doesn't send any gift/card to his dad. Sometimes, he willl remember us on...

Papers [ 1 Answers ]

How long should a person keep tax,banking statements and Medicare papers? They tend to pile up after a few years. Thank you Shirley

Court papers [ 1 Answers ]

If its your week and the spouse wants the child a day early do you have to give them to that person if you have court ordered papers that say every other week Sunday at 6pm to Sunday at 6pm,

Court papers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering,, I was charged with thieft over $200 dollars and was fined $400 dollars, 29 years ago, I went to the courts and they told me my court papers was destoyed, and had a document given to me as prof,, and also have a Metis Indian Status card,, but I'm still on the police...

How to get papers [ 3 Answers ]

I just adopted 3 mini-daschound puppies (so far they look long hair.) a co-worker got one. The parents were from another co-worker. The parents were never registered. Is there any way that we can register ours? All are pure breed. Thanks for any help. They were born overnight 1/1-1/2/08.

View more questions Search