Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Codyo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 02:15 AM
    Drop Out
    My question is to all you kids in the world I'm 16 yrs old and dropped out of school if you have dropped out then you will understand the question I feel you only understand if you have experienced it OK well I didn't do good in school grades were good but me and teachers were not I'm not so good with athority I've grown up different then a lot of you people I don't expect you to understand why but the question is "what is your opionion on dropping out of school at a young age and what to do how stressed are you thinking you made the right disicion i think i did at the time but it as been about 5 months and i want to go back but i can't i only expect you to understand if u have dropped out of school" But yeah don't be shy kids I've been there done that but I still love the world.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 02:18 AM
    I will just make a comment. Here in Ontario, Canada. Government passed legislation making it illegal to drop out of school. So by law now you have to finish grade 12. Does this start right away, I am not sure. Or maybe in the new school year, but it has been passed.

Joe
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Dec 28, 2006, 08:10 AM
    I'm not sure how long this post has been here; however, if you have dropped out and you cannot go back now, I highly suggest getting your GED. This way, you can still attend college if you are serious about continuing your education.
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 08:25 AM
    I am just making a comment.
    Here in Virginia, It is Virginia State Law, that you cannot drop out of school until you are 18.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 09:00 AM
    I have tutored quite a few older people who had dropped out of high school and they realise later, to support themselves with a decent job, they had to get their GED. It takes some a little longer to figure out what the big picture is about.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I will just make a comment. Here in Ontario, Canada. Government passed legislation making it illegal to drop out of school. So by law now you have to finish grade 12. Does this start right away, I am not sure. Or maybe in the new school year, but it has been passed.

Joe

Joe, are you sure about that?

I was under the impression that McGuinty just raised the drop out age from 16 to 18.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Dec 29, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyo
    my question is to all you kids in the world im 16 yrs old and dropped out of school if you have dropped out then u will understand the question i feel u only understand if u have experienced it ok well i didnt do good in school grades were good but me and teachers were not im not so good with athority ive grown up different then alot of you people i dont expect u to understand why but the question is "what is your opionion on dropping out of school at a young age and what to do how stressed are you thinking you made the right disicion i think i did at the time but it as been about 5 months and i want to go back but i can't i only expect you to understand if u have dropped out of school" But yeah dont be shy kids ive been there done that but i still love the world.
    It all depends on why you dropped out in the first place and why you considered going back and also what you want to do in life. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? If I know this then I may be able to say more.
    acmis001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 10:28 AM
    I dropped out of school when I was 16 & pregnant. I hated it and never wanted to go back... to High School. I got my HSED when I was 19 and went on to college. I can't imagine not doing what I did. I couldn't work for minimum wage forever. I feel your pain and don't blame you for quitting school, but if you don't do something to better yourself you will definitely regret it in the long run. Good luck!
    pennybot Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Jan 4, 2007, 04:43 PM
    GED is an option.
    I had to drop out early to work to help family support and after a few years later I went back and polished up on ABE and then went GED (Canada) . It got me into trade school.

GED is low pressure. There is no high school social scene to distract you. They only lay out the absolute necessary basics to help you continue education into trade if you prefer. No unnecessary extras.
    The teachers tutor you one on one so they are very understanding.
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jan 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Coming from a drop out myself I recommend you go back. Go to a different school. Do whatever it takes. I got my GED when I was 27 and started college at 30. Trust me when I say that your mind is better when you are younger.

I have faith in you... Don't do it for others... Do it for you.
    truthtrumpsall Posts: 24, Reputation: 13

Jan 4, 2007, 10:33 PM
    It is NOT good to drop out of school. I know that it may not seem that interesting right now, but there is SO much you learn by going to school, and I don't mean just academically, you need the social interaction school offers you. This will help to make you a well-rounded person.

I've been done with high school for about 10 years and looking back, I see that my brain is WAY more capable of learning and retaining info and this makes learning exciting for me, especially when I see how it gives me deeper knowledge and helps me connect with the world. So, while you are 16 right now, you can think beyond your age. Be the best individual YOU can be, don't be like everyone else, be yourself. Be wise enough to start opening your mind now to mature thought. Some of those thoughts maybe; I know I'm not doing too well in school, I know my teachers don't get me and can't seem to really help me, but I'm going to get it and I will get through it and when I come out on the other side I'll see that what I've learned is not only helping me see what's in the world, to really connect with the world, but my mind will be open to new ways of learning and that is VERY important.' Thoughts like that:-)

Also, you can beat the terrible odds of HS drop outs by getting on the web or going to a library and/or bookstore, start reading about subjects you are interested in, learn as much as you can your own way. People will be able to tell that you are well read and that you know your stuff, and maybe also that you have this great open mind as a sponge and you don't let go to waste any knowledge you may soak up. And when you're ready you could start adding subjects that you may not like so much, but you know you'd like to understand better.

Good luck, stay in school, 10 years from now you'll be SO happy you did!
    OH, last thing, don't let anyone pass judgement on you, better yet, if they do try not to care, just try to think about what is going to be best for you, talk to whoever you need to, just make sure you keep yourself esteem up, no failure should knock around yourself esteem because as long as you are doing YOUR very best, all else matter not.:-)
    yoursonlymine Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Go back to school now!! I'm 27 and I dropped out after repeating the 10th grade 3 time's said I would get my ged and I never did it. Because I dropped out and had no education I could not join things like web design classes or tech schools or any educational programs and y? Because they all require ged certificates and high school diplomas. I've resided to selling drugs, bootleg cd's,and crime for money. I had some and lost more I'm not into any of that illegal stuff anymore. But I'm right where I left off when I dropped out. I'm still just a 10th grader

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage drop [ 4 Answers ]

A 300sq mm cable is to be laid for 600mtr. Distance. As the distance is large so there are considerable voltage drop at the receiving side. How can we cope up with this voltage drop at the receiving end? We want a constant voltage ofd 415 V at receiving end irrespective of input voltage? ...

Can't seem to drop a pound [ 4 Answers ]

I have been walking on my treadmill for about a month and a half walk for about forty minutes a day at a speed at 3.5 ,and not eating anything for dinner but baked foods and salad,but I can't seem to loose a pound I snack on sunflower seeds,peanuts and no sugar juices and water, what am I doing...

Voltage Drop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker;there are a total of 7 receptacles on this circuit with a 15 amp GFI on the first receptacle. The first 5 receptacles in line work fine, the last two receptacles which are approximately 70 feet from the 5th receptacle flip the 15 amp GFI off when plugging in a drill. I...

9-8 drop? [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know if there is something called a 9 8 drop in plumbing .it has something to do with the drainage system in kitchens and bathrooms.

Drop down [ 2 Answers ]

I know I have done this before, And I can't remember how I did it. I would like to eliminate the search history, from the search field when I start to type something it gives a drop down of previous searches. I do not want it to do this- how can I change it?

View more questions Search