Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kk993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 04:41 PM
    I have goodman GU125- 4 rev s
    When you turn up the heat it fires up heat exchange but just when you think the blower will come on the fire goes out. Any ideas
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 08:07 PM

Check the high limit safety for proper operation along with the blower motor operating control. Also check to be sure the blower motor works by moving the thermostat switch from auto to on that controls the blower.
    piggingstring Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 11:32 PM
    I would check across the fan switch with a volt meter to see if it is closeing. If you do not have a volt meter you can hook up a jumper across the switch, or disconnect thecold side and touch it to the hot side to see if the switch is working or if the fan motor is bad. What is probably happening, is that the fan switch or fan motor are bad, and the high limit switch is cutting the burner off. How old is the furnace?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman gmp075-3 rev b [ 0 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace Goodman serial GMP075-3. The fan keep running and never stop even after the termostat is set to off. Do you know what could be the problem?

My Goodman GMPN060-3 Rev A tries to start up but hums for about 4 minutes and stops. [ 4 Answers ]

My Goodman GMPN060-3 Rev A tries to start up and hums for about 4 minutes and stops. There is a solid red light. I've reset it and turned everything on and off I can see. I came home around 7 and have been tinkering w/ it. Nothing seems to get it to go. Anyone outhere that can help at this...

Janitrol GU125-4 won't turn on [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, I've got a ~20 year old furnace that has been running without any issues for the last few years right up until today. Here's my issue. When I set my thermostat to 'heat' and select a temperature, nothing happens. The unit is a standing pilot system, the pilot is lit. I turned...

How to check blower speed for Goodman PGB030050-REV A [ 4 Answers ]

Have blower panel door off but do not know what to look for to determine if blower is set on medium or high. Any help appreciated. Also if set on Medium, how to change to high? Thanks

Goodman gmp 075=3 rev b dead [ 13 Answers ]

Jumped the thermostat, blower doesn't start, no flame, heard a click from the furnace when turning up tstat. Fuse on board was blown, replaced. Followed lighting instructions to no avail. Help please its getting chilly...

View more questions Search