Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodi15637 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Every time I turn on my moms computer there is a ad for anti-virus software.
    Every time I turn on my moms computer there is a ad for anti-virus software. There is no way to close it or click anything else on her computer. The Green Start isn't there. The only thing you can do is click on the purchase button and it takes you to a credit card order form. I can't seem to get rid of it. Does anyone have any tips?
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Sep 15, 2010, 03:39 PM
    You need to Run a spyware / antivirus scan to get rid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 06:07 PM

Yes, she clicked on a ad that was going to give her a "free" check up, but what it does is put malware in the computer. So they basically hijack the computer till you either find a way to rid it of the program or pay the company for their services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer viruses masking itself as an anti-virus program [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I purchases a laptop for my daughter in May. A Toshiba from Best Buy. Suddenly appearing on the computer is some type of security software from Best Buy that keeps popping up asking for $50. To activate. The pop-up keeps popping up all over the screen to the point that you cannot use the...

Cannot download anti virus software [ 4 Answers ]

On trying to down load mcafee anti virus software, I get the message:- Having trouble installing Mcafee Software because JAVASCRIPT is not working correctly on your PC, Can anyone help rony4431

Computer slowing down dramatically, Anti-Virus Software doesn't appear to be working [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have AVG anti virus software and Super Anti Spyware (both free) loaded on my Win XP machine. When I run them they seem to constantly pick up spyware etc. But after I clean up what they find it is still running very slow. Even to open a browser is slow. Can anyone help me out as to...

Is It BEST to purchase an Anti-Virus Software than Downloading from the Net [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is the problem. I just got a new laptop more than a week ago and I'm currently running it on Windows Vista, basically I really want to protect my computer from viruses. My question is, what's better? Purchasing an Anti-Virus software OR Downloading from the Net?. Right now I'm not...

View more questions Search