Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmutch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Cannot access internet
    For some reason I am no longer able to access the internet from my packard bell laptop. When attempting to go through control panel into network then internet and press view network status it just freezes. This is the second computer this has happened with and I am now unsure as to whether there is a fault with the computer or a fault with me! I bought it on-line and it is such a hazzle to send back. Could anyone help me.
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Sep 17, 2010, 02:47 PM
    You don't say what operating system you have, a friend had same problem about 2 years back and he had Vista Home Premium, if you have Vista, try this:

1. Restart your PC.

2. Press the 'F8' key over and over after the POST screens disappear but before the Vista loading graphic appears. What we are looking for is the advanced boot options screen, choose "Safe Mode with Command Prompt."

3. At the Safe Mode command prompt type:

Net localgroup "Administrators" "Local Service" /add

And then press ENTER.

4. You should see "The command completed successfully" message.

Type:

Exit

And press enter/return to close the window.

5. Restart your PC and see if the problem re-occurs.

If you don't have Vista, consider reinstalling some drivers:

Support Download
    alpinto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 07:39 AM

Well thanks for the post jmutch,I was facing the same problem in my dell laptop.so after this I got an easy solution for my intricacy
    Cheapest Motorhome Insurance Rates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

Cannot access internet [ 20 Answers ]

Hi,I have windows xp sp2,hp laptop,whenever I try to connect the internet using lan cable,my computer is unable to register on d net,the output of ipconfig/all is mapping_data_source::init error: file not found Microsoft Windows XP (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. C:\Documents and...

Cannot get internet access [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a wireless connection on my laptop,but am unable to get a internet connection through my AOL or internet explorer in my home,however can access the internet through internet explorer on the laptop in my place of work.

Internet Access [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. Am in charge of maintaining the internet connection and access in our company. But am facing a challenge of how to permit and deny internet access to the rest of the staff. 1. Is there a way of doing this? 2. Which type of software do I need? I use the Dynamic IP addresiing... That...

Internet access [ 9 Answers ]

Hi AOL v9 using xp does not install files to connect to service when requested No AOL browser visible Ta Norm

View more questions Search