Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiralbound Posts: 49, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2010, 11:17 AM
    U.S. Army Company Formations
    Hello, I am a cadet currently trying to figure out company formations, we are moving a company in mass formation from point A to point B. What to do up to point B is clear, FM 3-21.5 is clear up to that point. However, once the company reaches point B how does the First Sergeant split the platoons back into their respective positions. We assume, that the Platoon Sergeants take their places, the company is ordered to "right face", First Sergeant orders 2nd platoon sergeant to take control of the platoon, then 2nd platoon sergeant orders a "left face" moves the platoon five spaces and order a halt. Or should he just do a left step for six paces.

That is the main question, the next question the FM isn't clear about is what the Platoon Leaders do when the platoon sergeants fall in on the back. Does the PL stay put or move to the back as well.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 11:55 AM

Are you an adult cadet as in West Point?

If so, I suspect that if I were you, I would ask my First Sargent, how he wants to deploy the company.

If it sounds workable to you then let him take care of it. Sargents tend to run either the Army or Marines.

If you are a cadet at the High School level, ask your instructor.

Also, just a reminder, the book, does not contain all the answers. It contains the standard way to do things.

Also, just to let you know, I was in the Navy and the Chiefs did all the officer thinking for us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I write a good company profile as my company is ajuice processing company? [ 1 Answers ]

We produce juice from natural fruiits and tomato sauce

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and [ 1 Answers ]

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and their officer name was Sergeant? And one name was Jerome and another name was Epstein or something.. I just remember the movie name has two words. The first one starts with a B and the second also starts with a B....

Word Formations (Compound) Problems for ESL/EFL Students [ 1 Answers ]

What special problems do you think English word formations such as compounds may present to those who are trying to acquire English as a second language?

Annoying odour and formations [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: hey, I am 16 male.. I will just get straight to it. Between my legs I have a very strong odour that I can smell practilly all the time. On my testies pubic hair there is a yellow residue forming on the individual hairs . Its really annoying I have tried removing the hair but it keeps...

View more questions Search