Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maybeitsamit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 11:45 PM
    H1 to F1 visa transfer in US
    I am on a valid H1 and currently working in US (for past 3 years). I have been accepted in US business school and need to change the visa status to F1 before I join the school.

I want to know about the possibilities and difficulties in doing the following -

Can I request H1 to F1 change in US, then travel to india on a personal visit, come back to US on H1. Get the F1 and join the school. Could there be any legal problems here?

How long it usually takes to get the H1 to F1 request processed if filed in US?
    nushagak27 Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Dec 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
    Check out
    VisaJourney.com : Marriage and Family Immigration to the USA (K Visa)
    alacrity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
    [QUOTE=maybeitsamit]I am on a valid H1 and currently working in US (for past 1 year. I have been accepted in US university and need to change the visa status to F1 before I join the school.

I want to know about the possibilities and difficulties in doing the following -

My husband is a green card holder in US.Can I request H1 to F1 change in US, how can I Get the F1 and join the school. Could there be any legal problems here?

How long it usually takes to get the H1 to F1 request processed
    alacrity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
    [QUOTE=maybeitsamit]I am on a valid H1 and currently working in US (for past 1 year. I have been accepted in US business school and need to change the visa status to F1 before I join the school.

Can I request H1 to F1 change in US, my husband is a green card holder in US . Could there be any legal problems here?

How long it usually takes to change from H1 to F1 visa status

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1 Transfer - Please help me [ 1 Answers ]

I am a New Jersey Resident. I have H-1B visa (direct employee full time) from October 2005.I worked till March 2006. I got my H-1B visa transferred to another consultancy in Februar 2006. Till August 2006 I have no pay slips as I am not working. How is it going to affect the tax returns at the...

H1 transfer [ 0 Answers ]

Situation: I am here in US since Feb on L1 till date. I had been to US before on same L1 for 45 days. My L1 had expired by Mar 2006 (One year on B-L1). I got it extended and have the extension papers till the date as on my I-94 which is Jan 2008. Background: My H1 was applied last year but...

Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to transfer text from WORD or any other sorce to CD-R--CD-RW--DVD-R--DVD--RW and so on. Many thanks for your answers and regards. Nunzio.

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search