Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nata Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 11:14 PM
    Screen Resolution Won't Work
    Hi, I've just reformated my computer, a MDG windows XP version and I am not able to change the screen resolution from 640 by 480 pixels, I do not know what I need to fix this problems, any suggestions... I really need to fix this problem.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 28, 2006, 03:42 AM
    Did you try --right click on your desktop/properties /settings/ change screen resolution?
    nata Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Yes... Here's the thing, I reformated the computer... I have an MDG computer, when I go to properties/settings the screen resolution is stuck on 640 by 48- pixels and when I try to move the arrow it wouldn't move, and the colour quality is set on Medium (16 bit) and the drop down box has no more options in it... I think it's missing a driver or something... I'm not sure.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
    What's happening is you didn't load the drivers for your particular video adapter so its reverting to SVGA as the default. You need to find out what adapter you have and load the drivers for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screen Resolution problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. We use a hp pavilion f1703 flat screen monitor on Radeon 9200 series. Every time the computer restarts the screen resolution defaults to 640x480 and Low 8 bit colour. I can change the resolution to 800x600 and Highest (32 bit) colour but it doesn't remember that info when I restart the computer...

Pinnacle Studio 9.3 - resets screen resolution. [ 1 Answers ]

Pinnacle Studio 9 programme requires minimum 800 x 600 resolution. My screen (Samsung 19" LCD) is set to 1024 x 768 normally, however when I start Studio the screen resets itself to 640 x 480 and then produces a dialogue box saying that the programme requires 800 x 600. The box allows you to...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Monitor resolution [ 7 Answers ]

Hello! I have a monitor, (oldie) only works in 640x480, I need see a software in 800x600, how do I can solve this? (using the same monitor)? Some solution via software emulation? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search