Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 16, 2010, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Republicans are trouble now, the Democrats have a plan that promises to “excite Democrats across the country.”

They have a new logo.

They're all Zeroes now.
    Ooooh, Lookie, a target.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:21 AM

Back to the OP. The Republicans went all out in Delaware to endorse a loyal RINO ;and he lost fair and square. Now ,just like in Fla and Alaska the candidates who thought they were entitled to the nomination are having temper tantrums.

Crist in Fla. Is mounting an independent bid ,Lisa Murkowski is considering a write in challenge ,and Mike Castle is holding his breath until he's blue ,and is not endorsing the legitimate Republican candidate.

I remind them that for years the leadership and Republican electorate held their noses while doing everything possible to get their nominees elected regardless of their ideological differences. Heck ,Repubulican voters in Pa. had to carry barf bags into the polling places to cast their ballots for ex-Specter . (come to think of it ,he was not exactly a gracious loser either).

There were suggestions immediately after the results came in that the Senate Republican Election Committee would not contribute funds for O'Donnell's campaign. Wisely they reconsidered .They want tea-partiers to go to the polls in November to support all their standard bearers . They didn't dare dismiss the Delaware campaign and risk the tea party fury.
    O'Donnell is a long shot it's true. But a ripple becomes a wave ,becomes a tsunami . It is not unheard of for long shots to win. So the Republicans should redouble their efforts . They still can take the Senate.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    So the Republicans should redouble their efforts . They still can take the Senate.
    Hello tom:

They could have, if Karl Rove didn't hand them a nice TV commercial to use. But, it wouldn't surprise me if she did win. She can actually put two words together, unlike Sarah Baracuda, or is it Sarah Grizzly??

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:35 AM

Her opponent has handed over a nice TV commercial to use, also.

“Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.”
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:42 AM

Rove is a lot like Richard Morris. He hitched a ride on the Bush bandwagon and Morris on the Clintoon . I get the impression that they could have easily and comfortably, if the situation was different ,worked for the other side.
    They both believe there are fixed constituencies and the goal is to woo the middle independent undecideds using a so called 'big tent' strategery . I prefer someone who tells everyone what they are about and tries to persuade them that they have a better way; instead of treating politics like it is a booth in a bizzaar with fundamental postions to be negotiated for the best price.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:45 AM

Steve , don't make fun of Harry Reid's pet.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Steve , don't make fun of Harry Reid's pet.
    Is he a Chia Marxist?
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Is he a Chia Marxist?
    Cha cha cha Chia!

YouTube - Cha-Cha-Cha Chia! A Real Life Chia Pet!
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 10:06 AM

Rove's new line is that he is a contributing analyst and as such he has to be objective.
    My observation is that tokyo Rove went a little too viral to make that claim. It made no sense for him to continue his attacks after the primary results were in unless this was more personal than he'd like to admit.
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Rove's new line is that he is a contributing analyst and as such he has to be objective.
    My observation is that tokyo Rove went a little too viral to make that claim. It made no sense for him to continue his attacks after the primary results were in unless this was more personal than he'd like to admit.
    One pundit on the radio was saying that Rove, like Morris, sees a danger to the profession of political consultant in all these "upstart" tea party candidates. Ironic, that, since O'donnell's been running for office for, what, 12 years now?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 03:20 PM

Yeah... Republicans have it all wrong... thats why Ted Kennedys old seat is now filled with a republican... THe NJ Governors office is now held by a Republican (both LONG time democrat seats)... and a whole lote more coming.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 04:53 PM

Actually the people of Jersey have had Republican Guvs from time to time . Tom Kean and Chris Todd Whitman were both Republicans . Chris Christe is by far the best
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 04:55 PM
    Actually the people of Jersey have had Republican Guvs from time to time . Tom Kean and Chris Todd Whitman were both Republicans . Chris Christe is by far the best
    Yeah.. but its been a Blue state for a while... not a red one.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2010, 07:04 AM

Hello again,

Last night, Obama attended a $30,000 a plate dinner in Connecticut, where he further dissed his base. This is what he said:

"Democrats, just congenitally, tend to get -- to see the glass as half empty. If we get an historic health care bill passed -- oh, well, the public option wasn't there. If you get the financial reform bill passed -- then, well, I don't know about this particular derivatives rule, I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with that. And gosh, we haven't yet brought about world peace and -- I thought that was going to happen quicker. You know who you are. We have had the most productive, progressive legislative session in at least a generation."

In other words, I'm just a petulant, unreasonable, unrealistic, fringe child who doesn't appreciate the greatness and generosity he's given me. Contrary to what I may have thought, it's these flaws within myself that causes me to be dissatisfied with the administration.

You know what? I'm not excited about voting (assuming I could vote).

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2010, 10:18 AM

Obama: "how can they not appreciate my greatness? "
    Michelle : "That's why this job sucks"

It's stuff like that which leads me to believe he won't do a Clintoon triangulation if the Republicans gain control of Congress. Instead ,the White House is irked at the Blue Dogs because they aren't rolling over on the tax cuts like they did with Obamacare ,cash for clunkers ,and the bucket list .

The truth is that you will find no Democrat in a close election district this year bragging on their legislative achievements. The President sent them away with their banner for this election "we suck ..the Republicans are worse".
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Sep 18, 2010, 06:15 PM
    As for Ex's original comment.
    You make the common mistake of many when you assume that the "tea party" (which is not a party at all) is Republican. It is not. Those in the "tea party" are made up of people who see clearly the direction that we are being shoved, and we don't like it, not a bit. We have come to the point that we realize that it does no good to elect a Republican if that candidate is not going to support what we believe in. The tactics seem clear enough to me. Take over the Republican party. We think it can be done, and we think conservative candidates can win over tax, tax and spend, spend leftists. The vote this year will have a lot of protest in it. You know, throw the bums out, anybody is better than they are.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Alan "Republicans want you to die quickly" Grayson is demonstrating the Democrats' strategy for this election. First, his opponent is a "draft dodger."

Except he's not a draft dodger, he received academic deferments while serving in the ROTC in college and was medically ineligible after college. But that ad has nothing on this one, now Grasyon's opponent is "Taliban Dan."

Grayson is a pig, and I hope the voters put him back in the sty where he belongs where he can wallow in all the mud he wants.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Maybe he and O'Donnell can have some crazy lovechild in that sty as she belongs in a mix of sty and loonybin.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 10:46 AM

O'Donnell has done nothing to deserve that attack, Grayson has.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 10:47 AM
    O'Donnell has done nothing to deserve that attack, Grayson has.
    Just 'cause you think she's cute doesn't mean she's nuts: Think Progress The Old Adventures Of New Christine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did really bad in my GCSE A'level (As) this year! I need to retake. But I need to kI [ 4 Answers ]

I did really bad in my GCSE A'level (As) this year! I need to retake. But I need to know how this is going to effect my University admission!

The senate [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best website to see a list of how the senate votes, especially on the jobs bill?

Congress and Senate [ 3 Answers ]

Who has the higher authority - Congress or Senate Does a bill go to the Congress first and then the Senate? If so, why did the bailout bill go to the senate today, and will then go back to the congress?

3day Period, 2negative pregnancy tests, so when do I retake test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Ive been searching these help sites all week and think maybe I should leave a post for some advice. I had unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend for a good 11days. Which I have never ever done before. After worrying and assuming I would fall pregnant.. I came on my period on...

View more questions Search