Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odilelewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 04:28 AM
    Renewal of French passport - for USA travel
    Present French passport ( issued in UK) not acceptable to USA border control.
    How can it be brought up to date ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 04:42 AM

The object of a passport is to prove who you are in a foreign country. Your passport obviously doesn't do that so you will have to take it to the french consulate, find out why, and if possible have it corrected.

Tick
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Having French passport does not guarantee that you can enter the US, immigration officers also look through your personal data and have the right to deny entry if they see you may seek migration. You need to have proof of financial support, employment in your home country, etc.

When your passport was issued in UK, but you don't have valid visa to stay long term in UK e.g.. You are not student in UK or not having work visa in UK etc. US immigration won't let you in...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

Do I need a passport to travel within USA [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I live in chicago and I was wondering if I need a passport to go to San Diego, California

French Passport Renewal [ 1 Answers ]

I hold two passports, American and French. My french passport expired in 2003. I would like to renew my French passport but am not sure that I can produce any meaningful French identity documentation other than my expired French passport. What do I need to do to renew the expired French...

View more questions Search