Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Sep 14, 2010, 09:20 PM
    Best city for autmn season
    Hello,

I currently live in Michigan, and I must say that I love the 4 seasons. I actually could do with a shorter, or maybe milder summer. Truth be told I LOVE autumn. I cannot get enough of it.

I was discussing place that I'd like to live one day, and I realized how daunting it can be with so many cities in so many states. To be honest, I could stand leaving Michigan when I get older and get married. My question is:

"Can anyone recommend a great city in the US that has a great autumn, and snow during winter? (Not harsh snow, but snow nonetheless)

I realize that a lot of cities have autumn and winter obviously, but are there cities or areas of the US that are known for the great seasons?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 10:35 PM

House prices are decent and there are four seasons in my home country of western NY. Maybe consider the Finger Lakes area (avoid Buffalo). Rochester gets snow/ice off Lake Ontario, and the eastern end of Lake Ontario gets tons of snow. The Finger Lakes are central and within easy driving to NYC or Niagara Falls or the Poconos or Lake Ontario. You'll be in Apple Country with tons of scenery for any season, boating/hiking/camping, universities galore.

Another place would be Boulder, CO -- nicely laid out on a grid of streets, the Front Range is nearby, beautiful scenery with gorgeous fall colors, close to many state and national parks, the huge university is a big part of the town (featuring a younger population), friendly residents, interesting/trendy shops, snow that can melt quickly sometimes.

Those would be my two favorite places to live.
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Sep 16, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Wow, thank you so much. I was thinking about somewhere in New York (Not the city though).

I could never live somewhere without fall, and snow for Christmas.

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will probation in the state of Texas transfer form city to city? [ 2 Answers ]

My frind live live in Texas and he's going to court to sign his papers for his probation. He want to do his probation in a different city from which he live. Will his probation transfer?

I work in one city that witdraws taxes, and I'm being hounded by a city for taxes wh [ 2 Answers ]

Hamilton County, Ohio, is withdrawing taxes, where I work. I live in another county. A city I lived in 3 years ago is hounding me for current taxes and demands I have some kind of proof that I moved! My current salary is about $14,000. Can't afford an attorney to help. Who am I suppose to pay?...

Rainy season [ 1 Answers ]

Why are we facing floods?

Tis The Season [ 33 Answers ]

I would love to hear all of your favorite Christmas Songs. This is my personal favorite... YouTube - Ghost of Christmas Eve

How often go in season ? [ 1 Answers ]

How often danes go in season ?

View more questions Search